iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wiring question

Started by Dan_Shade, January 06, 2009, 10:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

What's the right way to go about suspending a cable from a junction box in a ceiling.  I want to run romex from the panel box, and have a stranded cable dropping down from the ceiling.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

logwalker

The electric supply house sell a wire hanger that grabs the cable like the old Chinese finger cuffs. It is the only way to pass code. Sorry I forgot the name.
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

farmerdoug

I stores I see twist lock plugs used with ceiling outlets.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

kenneth

The finger lock device is called a Kellem. they come in many styles.

Dan_Shade

https://www.foxelectricsupply.com/content/products/ProductDetail.asp?qsCatID=25001&qsProductNo=LEVL7504

one of these things?

The ceiling is too high to put a recepticle there.  I want to drop the cable and install a twist lock plug

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Dana

Dan, that's the correct part to use for strain relief.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Dan_Shade

and you drop it out of the bottom of the box?

Norm

That's what I use for our mill. We ran metal conduit along the rafters with these hooked on to the end. I've had it this way for 8 years without any problems.

dolittle

Use any convenient knockout on the box.  If you are mounting the box flat on the ceiling you can get a cover with a knockout also.

pigman

I am sure glad you  guys answered Dan's question before I did . On the question about "suspending a cable from a junction box in a ceiling" I was going to tell him to supend it vertical . ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Dana

Quote from: Dan_Shade on January 07, 2009, 06:48:26 AM
and you drop it out of the bottom of the box?
Dan, I'm not sure if you still need this answered? The Kellem usually is installed into the metal cover that is screwed to the box.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Thank You Sponsors!