iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 372

Started by bandmiller2, April 18, 2009, 07:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

I own and have used a great many saws,I put the 372 right at the top of the list if I had to have one saw ,that would be it with an 18" bar.It has enough power for almost every use and is not so heavy you can't use it all day.Even Johnny homeowner that cuts a little fire wood would have a saw that would last almost forever.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Ironmower

I like my 036 pro with a 20" bar ;) feels lighter than my 365 husky ::). Both are great saws, and wouldn't tradem' for nothin' ;D.........Wellllllllllllllllll maybeeeeee ;) :D ;D
WM lt35 hd 950 JD

Left Coast Chris

I love my 372 and have the same experience.  Its the best saw Ive ever owned.  The only hitch which is minor is the fuel line durability.  Husky laid an egg on that issue.  My 357 lasted 10 years with no problem.  The 372 fuel line went bad in two years.  Not that hard to replace but when you have alot of work to do on the weekend with no shops open it is quite a let down.

I also bought a Stihl 170 for limbing.  Love it.  Lots of rpms and plenty of power for its 14" bar.   I can hold it with one hand also its so light.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Tim/South

I just put a new 20 inch bar and chain on my old 272. I am out of the loop on the 372.  :)
I did look at a used one at the Husky dealer for $400. It was a nice saw but the owner could not guarantee it would cut any better than my 272

My son thinks the 353 is the best all around saw ever made.

Dave Shepard

Being mildly  ::) infatuated with the 394, I've never run a 372. I've heard great things about them however. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Knute

Can you tell me if they still make the 365

woodsrunner

The 365 no longer in Husky's lineup for the US. However, there are still a few floating around (NOS) at some dealers. I even saw someone on ebay a few days ago had 8 or 10 of them NIB kind of deal. I thought they were a little high on price tho. 650 or so IIRC.

woodsrunner

I guess I should also say I like my 372 alot. Really good all around saw. Handles big and small jobs both with lots of power and manners too.

LeeB

I've been running my 372 for 8 years now. None of the fuel line problems mentioned above. It did just recently have the clutch fal apart and ate up the oil pump. Found some good used parts on ebay for abot 1/3 the price of new and now it is running as good as ever. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

bandmiller2

Dave,haven't used my 394 enough to comment yet but its too much saw for a poor frail old guy like me to use all day,just for bursts on big old butts.It would take alot of man to swing a 394 all day.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Cut4fun

A buddy from work just bought a brand new 362, after looking it over it seems to be just a smaller bore of the 365. So I told him if you ever smoke it it can get a 365 372 or 375 top end on the rebuild.

He is happy with the 362 as is,  no muffler mods etc as a firewood saw.

But has never ran any muffler modded or woods ported saws. I dont think I will ruin it for him  :D.

Al_Smith

Quote from: Cut4fun on April 19, 2009, 09:44:31 AM
But has never ran any muffler modded or woods ported saws. I dont think I will ruin it for him  :D.
Well I must admit it can become somewhat excessive . ;)

Rocky_J

I'm completely baffled why anyone would want a 365 instead of a 372.

"I like the 372 but it has too much power, I want something identical in size and weight but slower."  ::)

Ironwood

Liked the first one so much bought a second, happened w/ the 394's and 338's ::). Still have one wifey, although she is great too. ;D

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

TeaW

I have a 372 and its fine, but I am on my third 365 and I find very little difference .
TeaW

barbender

I've never ran a 372 or 365, but I had a jonsered 2165 and now a 2171, supposed to be sister saws to the husky's. I think the 2165 was smoother, easier to cut with. The power was down in the low RPM's. I never got to run them side by side, I blew the 2165 up and then got the 2171. A lot of pro loggers around here run 2165's, I've never seen a 2171 around except for mine.
Too many irons in the fire

SawTroll

Quote from: Ironmower on April 18, 2009, 07:42:45 AM
I like my 036 pro with a 20" bar ;) feels lighter than my 365 husky ::). Both are great saws, and wouldn't tradem' for nothin' ;D.........Wellllllllllllllllll maybeeeeee ;) :D ;D

It sure is lighter - the comparable Husky is the 357xp.........
Information collector.

SawTroll

Quote from: Rocky_J on April 19, 2009, 01:35:02 PM
I'm completely baffled why anyone would want a 365 instead of a 372.

"I like the 372 but it has too much power, I want something identical in size and weight but slower."  ::)

So am I - but the "issue" turns up again and again.......... ::)

Quote from: barbender on April 20, 2009, 03:06:27 PM
I've never ran a 372 or 365, but I had a jonsered 2165 and now a 2171, supposed to be sister saws to the husky's. I think the 2165 was smoother, easier to cut with. The power was down in the low RPM's. I never got to run them side by side, I blew the 2165 up and then got the 2171. A lot of pro loggers around here run 2165's, I've never seen a 2171 around except for mine.

The 372 has more torque also at the low end - the difference just is smaller "down there", than at the top end.
Information collector.

Meadows Miller

Gday

I loved mine  ;D 8) 8) when it was running  :o :) ::) Its still sitting on the shelf in the shed (3yrs)got some spark issue that I/we my saw service bloke cant figure out its done it a couple off times since i got it ( ??? 96) :) :) ::) Its a about bloody time  i got it running again as its a good Saw  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

I runn a 20" Bar on this one  ;)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

barbender

Just my seat of the pants observation, the 2165 was easier to run- it was smoother. Maybe it is like the 2 stroke dirt bikes - most guys were faster on a Honda CR250 than a CR500, even though the CR500 had way more power it was hard to handle and it wore you out.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!