iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I think these guys need to purchase a chainsaw to bring the tree down

Started by alsayyed, May 01, 2009, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

I saw this video and would like to share it with. I think these people they ought buy  a chainsaw, but than paying for the damage made for the car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW9-bCb1RVY

chucker

respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

sawmilllawyer

Nope, they do not need a chainsaw now, that part is done. Me thinks maybe a another truck, some brains, longer cable, wedges, you know some basic stuff like training.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

beenthere

Don't you just hate when things like that happen... ;D ;D
Who wooda thunk.  :D :D

That must have been covered in the geometry class that I skipped.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Rooster

Guys! Guys! Guys!    You are missing the point.  He wasn't trying to cut the tree down, he was just trying to "load" the tree into the back of his truck!!!!   I say that is was a "smashing success"!!!

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

metalspinner

QuoteHe wasn't trying to cut the tree down, he was just trying to "load" the tree into the back of his truck!!!!

Just strap her down and away we go. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

blaze83

hahhaha :D :D  "Dude.....I told you we needed the DanG  50' rope"   more proof that stupid people shouldn't breed......glad no one got hurt,  bet the guy in the truck was shaking in in shoes though

Steve
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Tim/South

What part of the truck did he have the rope/cable fastened to?
It looks to be attached just behind the cab. Is he pulling from the pipe rack looking thing?
I do not believe a longer rope would have been much help. The truck had gone as far forward as it could. They were inside a yard fence.

blaze83

ya :D might have been a good time to introduce yourself to the neighbors and see if you could borrow their driveway or yard :D  very fortunate no one was injured or killed...can't believe one of the spectators didn't say anything......."hmmmmm  hey dude...there might be a problem"   8)
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

madhatte

okie

Who would have thought you could get so many people together and not had one brain in the bunch ::).
Striving to create a self sustaining homestead and lifestyle for my family and myself.

John Mc

Reminds me of the YouTube video floating around a while ago about "James the narcoleptic tree cutter"
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

ErikC

They didn't even have it figured close. The trunk of the tree hit him, not the top. Ouch.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Roxie

That was so obvious, you wouldn't even need a tape measure to predict it!   :D
Say when

Gary_C

Maybe they planned the whole thing that way. They got the tree down, saved the neighbors fence, got the stump removed and only damaged an old junker pickup. About a year ago a pickup like that was worth more for scrap than to sell to drive.   ;D

Did you also notice the steering wheel was on the wrong side and they weren't speaking english. So what tropical island is that where they drive on the wrong side and don't speak english?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Roxie

Say when

Sawyerfortyish

South Africa! they better stick to highjacking ships and leave the trees alone. ;D

chucker

lol   or teach them how to grow real trees and then let them at it ? lol
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

baronthered

Quote from: John Mc on May 03, 2009, 06:33:03 PM
Reminds me of the YouTube video floating around a while ago about "James the narcoleptic tree cutter"

That is an insane video as well. Anybody got a link?

on edit here we go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oCDcTxFUkk

definitely a video to put on the "what not to do" training list.
Life's short make fun of it!

Thank You Sponsors!