iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ok I am some what new to this forum

Started by motohed, December 17, 2009, 02:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motohed

I have been on this forum a since last week . I have read a lot , and posted a lot . I have gained a wealth of information and meet some really nice people to boot . I see different colored user name so I am sure there is some kind of donation or life member policy . I see a post about hats , I was wondering if there was a sponsorship link for individuales that would like to join ? I can't seem to find the link if there is one . To the moderators this may be a good idea for a sticky .

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

motohed

Quote from: Jeff on December 17, 2009, 02:26:42 PM
Guess again!  :)

Hi Jeff
I would like to thank you for staring the forestry forum ,or at least that is my assumption . I know it take a lot of time and money to start and keep up a web site . I just wanted to make a donation , to show my support . I am sorry if I imposed .
                        Kind regards Scott

LeeB

Look on the left side of your screen and scroll down to the paypal logo that lets you donate to the forum. Easy to do. Thanks for reminding me to do my share also. Seems like sometimes we take this place for granted.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

DanG

Motohed, to explain the colors, red is for administrators, and green is for Foresters.  The others just indicate longevity and level of participation, as are the little trees in your posts.  I think you'll be sprouting another tree pretty quick now. ;) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Quote from: Jeff on December 17, 2009, 02:26:42 PM
Guess again!  :)

I was in da middle of sumpthing. Now I'm not.

The colored names denote levels of participation and also sponsors, Foresters and Forest Techs.

Foresters and Forest Techs that are part of the forum, and that not been noted as yet, and would like to be considered for visual recognition of their profession here on the Forestry Forum, can send me an instant message. :)

Thank you Motohed.

Jeff

motohed

Ok that was duh of me . I guess I can't se the forest for the tree ! LOL  So are there hats and other items available of just by adding your name to the hat list . By the way I am overwhelmed  by the wealth of ,and diversification of information on this site . Thanks again !

crtreedude

We actually get recognition for all our rambling? Well I guess it would be too much to expect the software to evaluate our posts based on content, now wouldn't it...  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Tom

There is a Forestry Forum Store linked at the bottom of the sponsor list on the left.  They sell hats, but not the quality that jeff sells (and occassionally gives away for rewards).  The "Store" is someone else's retail venture and they give the forum a small amount for a sale.  It doesn't help much at all from a support standpoint, but it does give people the chance to buy Labeled stuff when the "good" stuff isn't available.

It might take you awhile, but you will realize, eventually, just how appreciative Jeff is for monetary support.  He's at home trying to make a living and pay bills by creating and managing websites, this forum being only one.  Many are websites he creates for members.  You can find a partial list, although an old one, in the  Services topic at the bottom of the forum.  There's lots of free advertising and awareness for members here and some cut-rate web work too.  It's always good to have someone acknowledge it and you are in a small minority who offered so quickly after joining.  :)

beenthere

For new members, here is some history of previous efforts to encourage support for the forum.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,30596.msg538330.html#msg538330

This support method was designed such that no one would know who or how much was donated by an individual member.

And as mentioned, support in appreciation for what this forum has become to many of us here, can be given any time through the PayPal method (left column) mentioned.

Motohed
Thanks for bringing it up, and welcome you as a new member.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!