iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Conspiracy Theory by Jesse Ventura

Started by mrnero, December 17, 2009, 04:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrnero

Anyone watching Jesse Venturas's new series on TruTV about Conspiracy Theory". I watch part of it last night (but fell asleep) what I did watch, I thought its quite interesting. If this goes the way they claim it will, we will be all working for the goverment down the road. I also thought the global warning theory and the 4 black box's was interesting too. Gota watch next weeks series.

Tom

I don't get to the TV much anymore.  My wife likes to watch it and we don't share common interests, so I head for the computer.  It has been a subject of interest for year about how many people draw Gov. Checks.  The folks that write about it usually discount Military personel, Social Security and some other areas, and try to center in on the people who are "working" for the government, any government, municipality, State or federal.   The number of people is phenomenal, but I haven't seen a total in a long time.

zopi

think you don't work for the gov't now?
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

LeeB

Nah, they work for me don't they? I pay 'em like they do at least. >:(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tom

"Slightly over half of all Americans – 52.6 percent – now receive significant income from government programs, according to an analysis by Gary Shilling, an economist in Springfield, N.J. That's up from 49.4 percent in 2000 and far above the 28.3 percent of Americans in 1950. If the trend continues, the percentage could rise within ten years to pass 55 percent, where it stood in 1980 on the eve of President's Reagan's move to scale back the size of government."

The Christian Science Monitor

Warbird

zopi

Notice I didn't say anything about getting paid...

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

rebocardo

> thought the global warning theory

Send me your e-mail address, I will send you what I have uncovered. No, I didn't watch the show. The real news is the news you do not hear.

Warbird

Quote from: rebocardo on December 18, 2009, 06:12:29 AM
> thought the global warning theory

Send me your e-mail address, I will send you what I have uncovered. No, I didn't watch the show. The real news is the news you do not hear.

Yup.  Send me what you have, as well?  I think you have my email addy but if not, let me know.

Mooseherder

Sounds like another conspiracy to me. wait_smiley

red oaks lumber

our whole gov't is a conspiracy. they need to add one more species to the endangerd list.. working man thats not on the gov't payroll
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

moonhill

This is a test, please stand by...

Gary_C

i "got" to listen to Jesse Ventura for four years while he was my governor. Don't believe I want to listen to him again. He's a very hostile, angry man and calls everyone unflattering names. While he was the leader of this state I heard him say he wanted to shoot one of the leaders of the state senate out of a cannon, right into a brick wall. And he called another leader "eny, meany, miney, mo." He can be a nasty guy.

Yep, he still talks like a pro wrestler though he has lost some of the deep, hoarse voice.   ::)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

iceman7668

He may talk like a pro wrestler, but you still have to give him some respect, he served our country as a Navy Seal!
John D Myers

gunman63

One thing i thought about jesse, yes he was my gov. too, he called them as he saw them, no suger coating, need more  like him, hes better than we have right now

Gary_C

Oh Jesse Ventura or James George Janos as he is also known gets all the respect he is due, and not only for being a Navy Seal but also for winning that election as governor of Minnesota when no one gave him even the slightest chance. And Jesse did that with some very blunt talk that was very refreshing for a politician. But he has also done some things that are not so good. Here is a paragraph from Wiki.

In 1973, Ventura was a full-patch member of the San Diego chapter of the Mongols, a one-percenter motorcycle gang and organized crime syndicate for nine months, and rose to the rank of Sergeant-at-Arms. His nickname by Mongol members was "Superman". Ventura has said on The Howard Stern Show in 2009 that "once you're a Mongol, you're always a Mongol."[

But after his election as governor, that blunt talk asset he used turned into something else when it turned caustic. As I said then, his biggest asset is also his worst trait. You always knew what was on his mind, good or bad. And while he was governor things turned ugly when he could not get along with anyone and it turned to name calling.

So he gets all due respect, I just don't care to listen to his caustic and sometimes threatening mouth anymore.   :)

wampum

A lot of people are getting rich off of the Global Warming Threat. Al Gore 9 years ago when he left office was only worth a measly million dollars(wish I could be that lucky)now he is worth over a hundred million.If all this stuff passes Al has the chance to have billions. I do not know how sincere Ventura is,but to be on that show, it is his job to get ratings. If his ratings increase,he gets richer. So Ventura is getting rich off of these topics also. I watched the show and it was very entertaining. The 9/11 thing you can find people that think any way you want,I sure hope our government had nothing to do with it. But I guess anything is possible. The global Warming,I believe is way out of hand,and a lot of it is hype. I do believe the more laws you pass the more our personal freedoms will be lost. And also certain people will get richer. As far as Jessie,the MSM has made him out to be a crack pot,so know matter what he says the casual watcher,will discard most of what he says. I believe the powers that be understand this,and really do not care what he says.

Gary_C

Quote from: wampum on December 19, 2009, 01:19:44 PM
As far as Jessie,the MSM has made him out to be a crack pot,so know matter what he says the casual watcher,will discard most of what he says. I believe the powers that be understand this,and really do not care what he says.

No, Jesse has worked very hard at earning that title and he is quite proud of it. That's how he earned his fame and fortune and he is still cashing in. I certainly don't begrudge him any of that, it's just that I don't want to listen to him any more. But that does not make him unique as far as I'm concerned as I don't care to listen to Rush or any other of those talk show hosts.   ;D

wampum

Being from Minn. you know him a lot better then me. I respect his service,but I agree he has always been out there.

jim king

I think we have become a world of people made from cookie cutters and it is dangerous. 

In my opinion there are not enough Jesse Venturas in the world be they right or wrong and we in future generations will suffer greatly from it.  The smooth and pretty politicians just have nicer way to make being lied to and stabbed seem gentleman like.

America was not made by faint hearts who held back what they had to say.  If you dont beleive me just ask the Brits..

Warren

We had a local retired magistrate who got tired of all of the two faced, double talk coming out of our county fiscal court.  He started bringing a video camera to record the court proceedings so the county judge and the fiscal court magistrates could not lie about what was or was not said, or, about what was, or was not voted. 

The first time he showed up at the court meeting  (open to everyone in the county) with the video camera, he 'bout got arrested.  The court tried to ban video cameras, etc...  Politicians don't always want the truth brought to light....

Occassionally we need a "spoon" to stir the pot to keep everyone from becoming complacent.  Complacency is why our country is in the shape it is in.  If "main stream" working folks would all stand up and speak up in a concerted manner, then all the special interest groups who are running the country now would simply be foot notes in the history books...   And this nonsense of the 48% working our butt's off to pay for the 52% would go away as well....

I am not familiar with Jesse Ventura, so can not comment on his activities before, during, or after his stint as an elected official.  But I firmly believe we ALL need to be more outspoken and engaged in our political process. 

-w-
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Bill

Reminds me of another tale about politicians.

Seems a school board member missed a meeting. The next meeting she wouldn't approve the minutes from the session she missed because she said that she remembered being there. There was some discussion and they voted to change the minutes to show that - in fact - she was there ! The secretary that told me this tried to record the meetings in the future - that didn't last long - dang politicians didn't want that good a record . . .

I'm sure there's good ones - just need to search for 'em .

:o

Thank You Sponsors!