iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

On the fence about buying a mill?

Started by bandmiller2, February 08, 2010, 02:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Consider it a prepaid health club membership,insted of running on a treadmill like a pet gerble you can get real exersize and something to show for it.You have a perfect excuse for spiffy sharp and heavy toys like chainsaws, tractors ,trailers a heavier truck.You can hang out with interesting crusty charicters,kinda like here.Down side, all your pockets will have sawdust even the dress ones.You will have little trouble falling asleep,sometimes at supper.wimpy need not apply.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

old joe

You got that right!!  I retired2 years ago from a sedentaey job @ 250 lbs.  Now, with mostly part time sawing I tip in at 188.  And got a lot of stuff built.  And sawdust everywhere.  And sleep real goo...zzzzzzzzzz.

Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

woodmills1

sawdust at the bank on the counter when I go to deposit :D :D :D

no charge for the sawdust says I
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

customdave

I'd jump right off the fence & jump on the phone & order a mill!!!!! You will have fun & never regrett it, their neat toys..... Do you need woodmizers phone# 8) 8) 8)

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

zopi

I have sold wood by pulling money out of my poket and someone asking me what it was from...free advertising..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

ARKANSAWYER

I was at the Doc's last month and tipped the scales at 218 lbs and for 5' 10" She said I was  over weight.  When she got to poking on me and had me remove my shirt she asked what I did for a living.  Told her I was a sawyer.  She did not know what that was but she was sure I was not over weight any more.  The Doc asked where I worked out at.  I told her the mill.  Other then the headaches I was in great shape.   A sawmill can be good for your health.  You will also get plenty of fiber in your diet as well.  So get off the fence and buy a mill and saw out a new fence.
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

The first summer we got a mill I lost some weight and a couple of inches around the middle.  Since then I've worked real hard at keeping my weight up. 

Some days we really put in some physical effort and are really tired when we walk to the house.  I ask Mary if she's going to the gem for a workout tonight.  She says something like, "Yea, right."  And we head on into the house.

I'll lose 10-20 lbs during the spring, summer and fall months only to put it back on in the winter.    :-\
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Meadows Miller

Gday

Dont Delay Do it Today !!!  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Ive been at it for 15 years now and would not change a thing  ;)  ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
and my weight hasnt changed all that much since i was 15yo like you said Bibby i also float maby 10 to 20 lbs between summer and winter and im usually about 200lbs at my heavy weight and can get down to about 180 easy during summer  ;) ;D 8) It would be handy if id gotten my grandfathers Hight tho he was 6'4" at my age and im only 5'11" I got the genes form the Short n Solid side of the family form my grandmother ;D Either way though theres 4 generations of fulltime wood cutters on both sides  thats good stock i say ;) :D  :D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Arky with the explaining what a Sawyer is have alot of storys about that  :) ::) the hardest and some of the funniests ones is when you meet a nice girl then she asks you what you do for a living then she proceeds to rip your bloody head of for been an enviromental vandal or saying you murder trees for a living  :o :) :) that then either ends in hour + decusicion about how everything works or a very short one  ;) :D  :D ;D ;D

Woodmills your not the only one it happens to me everywhere  Mate  ;) :D :D :D :D :D ;D

Regards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!