iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Hard Way or just plain Dumb

Started by captain_crunch, February 08, 2010, 09:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain_crunch

It is just too muddy around mill to use the Tracked loader and I wanted something to saw to keep busy if it rains so I put a few small logs on the deck this way

Would not be bad if I would replace boat winch with something hyd but like they say Poor People Have Poor Ways
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

whiskers

many irons in the fire.........

Carpenter

I like it.  Looks like it works, Low tech too.

bandmiller2

Any port in a storm,and its been storming.Captain C.it looks like the two top guy wires are attached to the three point lift arms.If they could be attached to something else back their you could use the three point to power the winch.Think of a block and tackle working backwards you could gain many feet of travel and run the cable under the tractor up to the boom.Nice mill building you have there.please show us more of it when you get the chance.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

Quote from: captain_crunch on February 08, 2010, 09:59:53 PM
Poor People Have Poor Ways

I would say that Poor People have Smart Ways  :D :D :D   Looks  :o good and works.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don K

It works and it ain't killed you, looks like a workable option. ;D

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

dail_h

Nice lookin old "Major", slow , steady ,dependable as a rock
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

rbarshaw

That looks very interesting, could you describe how it works :P, I could use one around here. ;D
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

js2743

only problem with the wires attached to the arms on the 3 point hitch, theres a chance you will pull the whole top off your tractor rear end housing its not made to be pulled up on as it puts a lot strain on the bolts that are holding it together. 

captain_crunch

rbarsaw
It works fairly well beings old Major has loaded tires and wheel weights boat winch with fall block is a might of a work out balanceing log takes a ratchet strap to balance log.
js2743
You can't see it in pic but guy cables run thru lift arms to drawbar. Run it thru them to widen it out so you can set in seat without lines being too much bother
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Qweaver

I have several pictures in my Building a Cabin in the Mountains thread that show our homemade FEL pig pole being used to lift most of our beams and posts.  It was just a 4x6 x10 with a 4" landscape timber bolted on to get more length.  It was a little "iffy" for strength but it did the job.  OSHA would have fainted if they had seen it being used.  We do what we need to do.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Thank You Sponsors!