iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmill to firewood processor

Started by woodmills1, February 12, 2010, 08:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

needed to cut something after the feed roller change so put on some firwood logs too large for the processor.  I was thinking to quarter or otherwise pare them down to fit the multitek.  It went just fine, the thing must have had bad rollers since I got it, don't know why with so few hours.

here are some shots

a lumpy oak needing trimming

cutting off the nubbins

quartered and ready for the mutitek

It worked out well though the crooked ones still didn't feed into the processor too well
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bibbyman

I do the same things with big firewood logs.  Often I'll just cut off the top third and then turn up the big half and split it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

dovetails

Quote from: Bibbyman on February 12, 2010, 08:29:23 PM
I do the same things with big firewood logs.  Often I'll just cut off the top third and then turn up the big half and split it.

I do about the same with gum logs,but I make 6x6's or4x6's,they stack great, dry faster, and fit the stove nice too.Also, no bark all over the place.The mill cuts them a lot easyier than using the log splitter!
1984 wm lt30,ford 3000 w/frt lift,several chain saws, 1953 model 30 Vermeer stump grinder,full wood working shop, log home in the woods what more ya need?

bandmiller2

Wood burning and milling key togather well.I'am never afrade to slab hardwoods on the heavy side not much better than a good hardwood slab to burn plus you get the lumber.We would cut for oak logs,tops and slabs for heat nothing wasted especially with firewood as valuable as the boards. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!