iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Mahindra 4035 Tractor 4x4

Started by wewacountryboy, February 23, 2010, 01:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wewacountryboy

I'm looking to buy a new Mahindra 4035 4x4. I have never owned one of these tractors, but they look and feel good. I have read the reviews and could not find many negatives ones. Does anyone own one of these?
Jonathan Hanson

Magicman

I know that the 3535 4WD is a tough tractor, and it's just a step below the 4035.  The only negative issue that we ever had was snagging a hydraulic line on the underside.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Why Mahindra? Is there a good dealer to work with for future needs? 

That would be my main concern.

The only horror negative stories I've heard are along those lines.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

wewacountryboy

Quote from: beenthere on February 23, 2010, 04:25:25 PM
Why Mahindra? Is there a good dealer to work with for future needs? 

That would be my main concern.

The only horror negative stories I've heard are along those lines.

Yes there is 3 within 100 miles of me.
Jonathan Hanson

FFLM

I have a 5500 MFWD that I used in the woods for 5 winters logging part time. This is a tough tractor and I never had any problems with it.  I also use it for brush hogging, plowing snow, site work and any other task that could be thrown at it.  I have a friend with a 6000 MFWD and had to replace the head at about 1100 hrs.  It is used on a small beef farm and was not abused nearly as bad as my 5500.  I would look at all makes because all manufactures are making  less expensive tractors, trying to keep up with Mahindra, Kioti etc. etc.
Good luck FFLM
208 Jack, 372's and F450 Stroker

treefarmer87

my wife has a mahindra and it is a very good tractor she uses it to mow and bushog with
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

shinnlinger

I know about 5 folks with Mahindra's, from 30-50 horse and they seem seem to like their machines just fine.  Same with Kubota, but not so with Deere.  If I were buying a new tractor, Mahindra  would be first on my checkout list, but I agree that a good dealer is more important than a brand.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

thecfarm

How many HP is that 4035? I have looked at them a few times.Looks like a beefy tractor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

RSteiner

They look like a stocky unit for the horsepower.  It is hard to use horsepower without the weight to transfer the power to the ground without a lot of slipping.

At a recent Farm and Forest show there was a smaller Mahindra tractor on display, it looked like a well made tractor.  In talking with the sales rep. I believe he mentioned that the 30 or 35 hp. and smaller Mahindra's were made by Mitsubshi and the larger ones made by Mahindra.

As with any "farm" tractor the weakest links in the woods are the tires, mostly two ply, and that there is no real underside and over head protection for the operator. Check out Tractorbynet.com and search for what other owners have to say about their Mahindra's.

Randy
Randy

indiaxman1

Mahindra plans on shipping small diesel pick up trucks next year....rugged Jeep-like...may be worth looking into

REGULAR GUY

I've got a 35 hp Kubota , got the tires filled with foam (Texas foam) and been all over the woods skidding and hauling logs with no problem. Cause of the difference in price for what ya get  if I had to do it over , think I'd go Mahindra next time. I hear nothing but good about them.
  Regular Guy.

fishpharmer

I know several catfish farmers that have Mahindra's they seem to like them fairly well.  A lot of iron for the money.   Mahindra is a large, diversified company based in India, they should be around a while.  Dealer support is key.  I never seem to need any parts until I am using a machine hard.  Then I need the part fast to beat the weather.  I prefer green and yellow.  Most all dealer's have some good incentives going on now.  Price a comparable tractor at with all your nearby tractor dealers.  Deere, might surprise you. :)  In a good way.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

timberfaller390

I'd have to give Deere a chance before I commited to the Mahindra. There is only one Mahindra dealer near me, there are 3 Deere dealers. The few Mahindra owners I know are happy with thier machines.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: fishpharmer on February 26, 2010, 05:08:01 AM
Deere, might surprise you. :)  In a good way.

My dad was pricing tractors a few months back and Mahindra, Kubota, New Holland, Case, and bobcat were all pretty close in price while the ole Green and Yellow was consistently 4-8 thousand more. And the J&D had less features for the price than the other brands.

timberfaller390

The reason I went with deere was they were cheaper than kubota. AND I am a die hard Deere fan.
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

tughill

As someone who has both priced and bought several tractors, I can say that Deere is the best value.  Kubota's are generally more expensive than Deere. (depends on dealer, the prices are negotiable)

The main value though is 10 or 15 or more years down the road, when you wish to sell the machine, what will it's value be?  Even kubota is problematic, because they have limited parts support for older (10 years) machines.  Mahindra? you must be kidding.  If, they are still around, will they have any parts?  Doubtful at best.   And even if you can get parts, what will the value of a 15 year old mahindra be compared to a Deere, that you will absolutely be able to get parts for, and a good price for on the used market.

Around here used Deere equipment in reasonably decent condition fetches a good price, and sells very quickly.  To find a really nice used deere,of any age, you have to look hard and act fast when you find it.

An old scotsman I knew a long time ago always told me that "you get what you pay for, sometimes less"

Not trying to discourage anyone, but that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

If International still made tractors, I would likely own them.  CIH is not the same.  I do love my old farmall H and M....

"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not."- Thomas Jefferson
Local Farmer here won 10$ million in the lottery, when asked what he was going to do with his winnings, responded, "Keep on farming until that's all gone too."

dsgsr

I can't speak as too Mahindra other than they look heavy, which is a good thing for tractors. My local JD dealer started to sell them and then stopped, No body wanted them around here.

I can attest to JD's, I have over 5K hours working JD tractors in lite construction and logging and have had very good luck. You will appreciate the quality of a Deere many hrs. down the road. I do wish JD had stayed with the Yanmar engine.

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

chevytaHOE5674

On our farm its nothing but ford/new holland and Case/IH. Parts for them are more relatively priced compared to JD parts IME. The quality and performance are there as well.

timberfaller390

Got no problems with ford/new holland but case parts aroun here are at least double what deere is and there is only one dealer within 100 miles of here. Makes getting parts for my hay rake a real bear some times.
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Norm

I've seen many newcomers in the tractor market. The only one that has really gotten a foothold is kubota but they are a hobby tractor for farm work. We have one local dealer for them and he's known as the local flim flan man so it hurts their image. I have a neighbor that swears by CIH and seems to do well with them but of a dozen farmers near me he's the only one to run their tractors.

A couple of days ago I was bored at work so started browsing the used tractors (got spring fever bad) found my JD7210 that I bought new in 01 for almost the same price I paid for mine. All of these had over 3000 hours on them.

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: timberfaller390 on February 26, 2010, 11:42:00 PM
Got no problems with ford/new holland but case parts aroun here are at least double what deere is and there is only one dealer within 100 miles of here. Makes getting parts for my hay rake a real bear some times.

Weird that it changes depending on locality. Downstate my dad priced JD and CIH before purchasing a tractor and the JD tractors themselves were more pricey and the parts were double the CIH parts. Needless to say all the CIH parts have been reasonable priced and 99% are in stock at the local dealers. This is also the same case in da UP.

But then a few of you state that JD tractors are priced cheaper than their competitors and so are their parts. Some parts of the country must sell more tractors or something, weird.

stonebroke

It all depends on your dealer. If he is hungry and wants to deal or is complacent and wants to coast.

Stonebroke

habaneroeater

i drove truck and hauled case and new holland tractors out of the same plant in Georgia same stuff different name, so the dealers! are dealers!

bill m

When I bought my first NH, a tc45d the local JD dealer quoted me 6 thousand more for a comparable green one.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: stonebroke on February 27, 2010, 01:31:26 PM
It all depends on your dealer. If he is hungry and wants to deal or is complacent and wants to coast.

Stonebroke

My fathers quotes were from 10+ dealers in a few hundred mile radius of his home.

Thank You Sponsors!