iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How many Nobles does it take to change a lightbulb

Started by Kevin, October 11, 2003, 03:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

isn't bologna bad enough as is...Why would you pickle it?

My folks usta pickle eggs...Just never seen the purpose
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Fla._Deadheader

If Y'all wanna pickle sumpin, try green tomatoes ;) ;)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Kevin_H.

I thought you fried green tomatoes?  :D

CAUTION!! Thread makes severe curve ahead CAUTION!!
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

I stopped at a restaurant, recently, that had fried pickles on the menu.  I didn't eat none of'em, though. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kevin

You should have sent it back and demanded a clean menu.

DanG

Didn't you know this is Monday morning? ???  You ain't supposed to be that sharp on Monday morning. :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jim_Rogers

We went to the fair yesterday. They had deep fried Twinkies, deep fried snickers candy bars, and deep fried Oreo cookies (all dipped in batter first).  :o :P :-X  ???
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

OneWithWood

Jim,
I am surprised you could sit still long enough to type that post :o
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DanG

I've heard of fried ice cream, too. I've always wondered how you can tell when it is done. ???

Jim_Rogers

Why would you say that?

Did you think I'd waste 3 bucks on a deep fried Twinkie?

Not me! ;)

OneWithWood

. . . and how much of the other stuff did you consume?  :-X
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jim_Rogers

My wife wasted 3 bucks for one order of deep fried Oreo Cookies, for my nine year old daughter. You get four per order, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
She, my daughter, took one bite of one, and said: "thanks, I don't want any more of that!" ::)
Aren't kids great ???

Kevin_H.

Ya see now we are talking, you can take almost anything and make it doubly good by putt'n batter on it and throwin it in hot grease! ;D

We do the deep fried oreo's when we go camping...haven't tried the twinke's yet, but there is a rams game tonite.

By the way if youre going to deep fry the oreos, you might as well get the double stuffed, I mean your already eating deep fried cookies, what the heck man.

We do the deep fried pickes to, you can either batter the dill chips or spears bolth will fry up right nice. ;D

Just as a side note, I cant do tomatoes...I mean when you cut them open...they look like they are still in the larve stage, way too nasty.

Tom

Fried Tomatoes are great, Kevin.  I have them for breakfast and supper too.  The trick is slice green tomatoes.  I fry them in a skillet with just a little grease or oil rather than deep frying.  The batter has to have cornmeal in it for the texture. :)

Kevin_H.

Well that sounds....well it sounds like something I still wont eat. Now have you ever had fried corn? Thats some good eat'n

Sawyerfortyish

Mmm  fried green tomatos put me down for an order ;). Haven't fried corn but have barbecued it also had corn cakes for breakfast :)

DanG

I don't actually batter the green 'maters, but dip them in corn meal, or a mixture of corn meal and flour, after some salt and pepper.  They should be sawn across the grain to about .6 quarters, and the bark should be left on.  Lay the boards in a thin layer of peanut or canola oil, heated to about 350*, turn them after about a minute, then, after about another 45 seconds, transfer them to a paper towel to absorb the grease.
To be good, they must be consumed almost immediately. This means that the cook doesn't get to eat until everybody else is done, OR that the cook is the only one who eats, depending on the size of the cook. ;D

whitepe

Noble,

Skip the ladder and use these to change that light bulb.
Besides, they'll haul lumber too.

http://safetycenter.navy.mil/photo/archive/photo84.htm

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodchip

This has no bearing on the subject,but neither has any thing else.When I was a child from a poor family we had to carry ham and bisquits in our lunch while the rich kids had balona.Now its the other way around.Go figure. :-/

Sawyerfortyish

Gee I woulda never thought of of anything like that. Usally I set things on top of a stack of pallets then lift the hole stack.Just shows what a college education will do for you ::)

Stump Jumper

The guys in whitepe reply should be next in line for the Wile E Coyote super genious award. :D :D
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Stephen_Wiley

This thread is amazing from: erect - to - set scaffolding..., stomach barf control foods....., attempt at new guiness record of forklift stacking....., too.........?  :D :D :D

You green tomato eaters..........well, I guess more power to you.

One of my not so fond memories: Green Tomatoe Pie !  

" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

whitepe

Jeff,
Ditto on the insanity.  I showed that photo to
my neighbor who has a lift truck company and he
couldn't believe the stupidity  ???

Woodchip,
When I was a kid my family was so poor we had
to borrow money from The Walton's  ;D

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Thank You Sponsors!