AVAILABLE

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: Toyota Recall list  (Read 3305 times)

Offline logwalker

• Senior Member x2
  • Got Logs??
    • Share Post
Re: Toyota Recall list
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 10:51:56 PM »
You can thank unions for getting us ALL more than 50cents a day, 40 hour workweeks, and the weekend.  OH and workman's compensation, wether in a union or not.

Maybe 40 years ago but not anymore. Tell me why in today's world a government employee needs to belong to a union.

Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 04:37:06 AM »
Everything would have eventually worked itself out through human rights activism. Increasing wages as with unions creates distortion the way I see it, drives prices up where the less fortunate can not afford to buy the goods. Regulate a "floor" or minimum wage and a whole lot more people can afford stuff. I also believe the employer has rights to. He/she is the boss, knows what your worth and if they want to retain good talent they will pay for it. ;)

Pre-commercial thinning pays off. :)

'If she wants to play lumberjack, she's going to have to learn to handle her end of the log.'
Dirty Harry

Offline bl73

• Share Post
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »
You can thank unions for getting us ALL more than 50cents a day, 40 hour workweeks, and the weekend.  OH and workman's compensation, wether in a union or not.

Maybe 40 years ago but not anymore. Tell me why in today's world a government employee needs to belong to a union.

Joe

thats cause the government employees don't even trust the government ::)

Offline easymoney

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 10:03:03 AM »
yes wouldnt it be great if every job in this country was union? just think instant prosperity for everyone. the end of poverty in this country. we all could all sing good times are here again. we would not have a care in this world the union would see that we was never overworked and was paid a fair wage. ;D ::)

Offline Toolman

• "DONT TREAD ON ME"
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 03:47:14 PM »

There may be some examples of individuals have taken advantage of their union association, and even outright corruption, but overall unions have made things much better for all peoples who need to work for a living.

It was NOT the UAW that made the poor design decisions or decided to make SUV's when more efficient vehicles were what people wanted.

It's the UAW that insisted on programs like the "job banks" whereas employees sit around all day and get paid for producing absolutely nothing! Phooey! I will never spend a dime on an organization that practices that kind of stupidity and then expects the tax payer to bail them out. It's no wonder companies move out of this country.  Who wants to deal with those kind of insane demands and expect to turn a profit?  I'm so done with Unions! If it's Union made, I turn my back on it. It's time for the consumer and taxpayer to take a stand. There are enough labor laws on the books to prevent the abuse of an employee, which is what the Unions original intent was. The market will dictate the wages, not a Union or a Politician. I agree 100% with Logwalker. Government employees should be banned from Unionizing. It just costs us all in the long run. Besides, too many Gov. jobs produce nothing except more regulations,red tape and fraud.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

Offline SPIKER

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »
I had a gov job for 6+ years, I worked 9 months without one day off, I worked 12+ hrs a day and I cleared 1198.00 a month doing it.   I was defending the rights & freedoms of ALL Americans here and abroad.   I took an oath  to uphold the Constitution against all enemies both Foreign and Domestic.  Even if that becomes the very government that is attempting to take those freedoms away... 

Granted that is just my opinion and has nothing to do with the people here at FF most of which may not agree with my personal thoughts towards where our government is heading.   

I have been in several unions as well.   Didnt care of any of them, I cared for the people in all of them though.   I was last one hired, and as such first one fired from 2 of them.   even though there were 7+ people on a shift and only 2 or 3 would do pretty much ALL of the work in essence carrying the 3 or 4 who did little to nothing.   Well they were the ones who always saw fit to file grievances against SOMEONE no matter if it was their own fault.   One guy was fired for whacking a co-worker in forehead with a rubber hammer during a fight.  Yep they both were fired & filled paperwork, 6 months later both were back W. Back Pay no less!  bs..

I also have several good acquaintances who were Ford & GM 40+ year people.   They would brag about who did less and I'm not talking about less per shift but nothing for weeks at a time...   

HOPE that the big 3 got plenty of concessions from the unions on what should be able to be done with the dead weight...

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Anyone else caught in this Toyota recall/shutdown?

Started by Night Raider on General Board

29 Replies
Last post January 30, 2010, 08:11:28 PM
by pineywoods
xx
Toyota Coming To MS

Started by wwsjr on General Board

32 Replies
Last post March 05, 2007, 11:36:42 AM
by Ron Scott
xx
Just saw the Toyota commercial