iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's official..........LT28 w/25hp

Started by gator gar, March 17, 2010, 06:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator gar

I just drove to the Woodmizer rep in Kirbyville, Texas. I gave him about a 3 thousand dollar down payment and ordered my mill. He said it would be delivered on his lot on April 23rd. He had the LT28 with an 18 hp motor sitting there, but I think for the little extra money I paid for the 25hp, I'll be alot happier.  Anyway......I'm bringing up the rear, when it comes to owning a mill, but I'm getting there.

blaze83

8) 8) 8) gator!!

you won't be sorry. i have the same mill and love it!  have a couple of red oak logs to saw up and the weather is finally nice enogh to get to em.. once you start sawing, it becomes an addiction.

good luck

Steve
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill acquisition.

I'm sure you'll love it.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dave Shepard

Congrats! :) :) I never had anything on the 24HP manual LT-40 that it couldn't handle. Might have been slow on some cuts, but it cut it without loss of quality. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

fishpharmer

Good for you gator gar.  Now you will have something to fillet the big ones ;) :D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Congratulations..... 8)  My suggestion to you is the same that I gave wannasaw.

Read, study, and understand the saw manuals.  Go through the adjustments in your head.  Review the service intervals.  After you start sawing, you may not remember everything that you read.....but you will remember that you read it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gator gar

Quote from: Magicman on March 17, 2010, 10:25:59 PM
Congratulations..... 8)  My suggestion to you is the same that I gave wannasaw.

Read, study, and understand the saw manuals.  Go through the adjustments in your head.  Review the service intervals.  After you start sawing, you may not remember everything that you read.....but you will remember that you read it.

I picked up the 6 CDs that Woodmizer sells and I have watched two so far. Very informative. Some things I knew and others I didn't.  Looking forward to watching the rest of them.

bandmiller2

Thats good news Gator,what are you planning to do about sharpening bands.Resharp is a good way to start,kind gives you a benchmark and then if you find bandsawing is your thing you may want to invest in your own sharpener/setter.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

campy

Congratulations !
Do you have some logs to cut up?

gator gar

Quote from: campy on March 18, 2010, 09:43:11 AM
Congratulations !
Do you have some logs to cut up?

Yes sir, I have about 20 pine logs decked up out there in my horse pasture. Anything from 12 inches on the small end to 28 inches on the small end and everything in between.

gator gar

Quote from: bandmiller2 on March 18, 2010, 08:21:57 AM
Thats good news Gator,what are you planning to do about sharpening bands.Resharp is a good way to start,kind gives you a benchmark and then if you find bandsawing is your thing you may want to invest in your own sharpener/setter.Frank C.

Resharp for me. I'm going to spend my off sawing time doing something else besides sharpening blades and setting teeth.

Wallys World

Congratulations on the new LT28. I am really enjoying mine. The log handling is alot better than man handling the logs on the LT15, though it is not a LT40HD. The 25 horse does a better job, I can see the difference already and I've only done 3 logs so far, 50+ to go!
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Thank You Sponsors!