iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade Storage

Started by D._Frederick, March 26, 2010, 02:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D._Frederick

My new Da-Do set has 8 full size blades and I have 4 other blades that I use regularly, any suggestion on storage other than driving a nail in the wall to hang the blades on?

ohsoloco

I never got around to building a fancy dado set holder yet....heck, it's only been ten years or so  :D  I cut two pieces of 1/4" hardboard squares maybe 9" or so (I have an 8" dado set), and drilled a hole for a bolt in the center.  Slip one of the hardboard squares over the bolt, then a piece of cardboard, blade, cardboard, etc. and finish up with the hardboard for the other end.  Screw a nut on the end to keep everything together. 

Tom

Lightly oil each blade and dip it in wax.

Then place poster board on each side of each blade and tie the whole thing into a stack with some dacron line. Affix two pieces of plywood, one on each side, with a bolts and thumbscrews on the corners. Place this sandwich in 4 inch deep glass dish and pour to filling with resin.  Place this in a gun safe full of nitrogen and submerge the safe in a tank of thin petroleum oil.  Seal the tank and have it placed near the North Pole where it will be covered by snow to the tune of 16" per year which will eventually be pressed to clear ice.  In five or six years, they should be safe for a long time.  ;D

isawlogs

Tom .
   Have your Doctor contact my Doctor and have him forward the prescription, I want some of those pills .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sawwood

Depends on how you want to store the blades. You can make a box with indevial slots to
hold the blades. I saw one in the shopnotes magazine. I have my blades on a hook with
cardboard between each one close to the saw. By Dado set is in a box with frome to hold
each blade.

Lester
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Coon

isawlogs, you better watch out with those pills Tom takes.... you might go for a trip and not even leave the farm  :D ..... I got some little white pills here if'n you want but don't get too carried away with em or your legs will turn to jello.  ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

HOOF-ER

I was sure winter was over in Fl . All work and no play makes Tom a dull boy. :D :D
Home built swing mill, 27hp Kawasaki

submarinesailor

If I was going to store them in a fairly dry environment, I would use this:  http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/amp.aspx.  But if the humidify can get a little high, I would consider using this:  http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/amh.aspx.  I have used both of them extensively  and have found that they fall into the good *stuff category.

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!