iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

looking at a log skidder

Started by aksawyer, April 10, 2010, 02:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aksawyer

Have been looking for a log skidder for some time now.Looked at a Mountain Logger ML150,or so I think that is what it is.It is smaller than the ML200.Anyway it is mostly clark running gear in mountain logger sheet metal.Was wondering if anyone knows about these machines,and where to get parts.

timberjackrob

i have never heard of one where are you located, is this a north american skidder
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

mad murdock

I think that they were made in the Western US.  They are similar to Garrett.  Here is a deal on a machine http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/for/1694532038.html
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

stonebroke

Wish that skidder was in NY

Stonebroke

mad murdock

Quote from: stonebroke on April 16, 2010, 04:00:20 PM
Wish that skidder was in NY

Stonebroke
If a guy was in a buying mood, I think you could consider looking at hauling fees to a location, even across several states, for that price, you could put a bit into the freight, and still have a good deal.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

John Woodworth

They were made North of Seattle and I believe they are no longer in buisness however parts are not a problem as they are pretty much standard through vendors and parts houses. Wiith 653 invest in some foam ear plugs and a good set of ear muff hearing protectors, you'll need them.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

Thank You Sponsors!