iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Forest Products Industry from 1943

Started by Jeff, October 20, 2003, 05:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I am working on something for the forum and I think its really cool. It involves something I picked up the other day that I feel is pretty historic as the forest products industry goes. I got it for really next to nothing. We are scanning all of it and will put it out as a forum exclusive.

What it is is an original press release, and accompanying catalog from Dec 1, 1943  for a "Forest Ad Book" release from the AMERICAN FOREST PRIODUCTS INDUSTRY WASHINGTON D.C. #pr43-145 dated December 1, 1943.

It is a catalog of advertisements that were made to be put into local newspapers representing the Forest Products Industry during wartime.

The catalog has many different advertisements, from Anti-Hitler, Anti-Japan, using the character Paul Bunyon, even one entitled "RIGHT IN DER FUEHRER'S FACE" has a tree with a face on it and a man chopping it down. Another has a stump with nobody around and it says "Gone to Hitlers Funeral"

Some very very interesting stuff!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Here is the first page inside the catalog that may explain what this is better.

https://forestryforum.com/1943/2.jpg I will include the press release letter and all the pages. All the pages after the opening description are quite graphical.

SawInIt CA

Frank_Pender

I try and collect those sorts of history, also.  Thank You for sharing, Jeff. 8)
Frank Pender

Jeff

Here ya go, Thanks to Tom's web gallery we have a great place to put these.

Forest Products Industry ads from 1943

Thank You Sponsors!