The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Buy American  (Read 6897 times)

Offline EZ

• Senior Member x2
  • Betya can't cut just one!
    • Share Post
Re: Buy American
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2003, 02:00:12 AM »
Every 6 months we have a company come in at the shop that call themself, Kaizonc. They tell us where to put machines, how to run them. They tell use where to put clocks at on the wall. They tell me how many pounds of metal I should pour in a day, how hot to pour it, what the micrones should be before pour and after pour. I even had one of them follow me in the bathroom, I thought maybe he was going to tell me how to pee. After 8 hrs of all these little Japanese guys following us around, they pack up and we dont see them for another 6 months.
O-ya, did I tell you guys that I pour metal for American made airplanes, I think I do, I guess I do, I thought I did. :-/
EZ

Offline C_Miller

• Full Member x2
  • yes, we have trees in New York
    • Share Post
Re: DanG...Rabbitly Conservative
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2003, 02:31:13 PM »

I wonder what a rabbit meatloaf would taste like?  A Chinese rabbit meatloaf.  Did the rabbit come with any chopped vegetables?  Or Chinese seasonings?  "Time to Wok the rabbit?"

I'll bet it's good, but you are hungry an hour later
C

CJM

Offline mhasel

• Share Post
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2003, 03:06:08 PM »
DanG I understand your point and didn't take it as negative, I was very disheartened when I found out MF had been purchased by AGCO but my loyalty is still with the local dealer. I believe someone else mentioned about the Toyota pickup being assembled KY, granted this isn't 100% the best situation but at least some Americans are benefiting from the sale and able to keep a portion of the profit in our economy.

It is amazing how companies will listen to consultants as in EZ's comments but won't listen to their own employees who probably suggested the same ideas but which fell on deaf ears????

I'm just glad to see some folks still care and given the nature of the members here I would not have expected anything else. I have been most impressed with the friendliness of everyone and their willingness to contribute their advice and experience.

Mike

Offline EZ

• Senior Member x2
  • Betya can't cut just one!
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2003, 05:37:35 PM »
Are contract is'nt up until July 1, 04. The company offer us a contract last week, this is some of the offers, $7.00 less per hr, if we are layed off for at least one week, when we get called back we start $2.00 less then what we had. :-/ $2000.00 deductable insurance. Everyone loose one week vacation, and the list goes on. The union offered $2.00 less an hour and every thing else stays the same, and they refused. The company is not broke or going broke, their last quarter they made $250,000,000 after taxes. They just bought 2 more companys for $240 billon. Don't really know what they want, my guess is they want it ALL.
Thanks for listening. :)
EZ

Offline DanG

• Senior Member x2
  • DanG, The Official ForestryForum Cussword
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2003, 06:12:38 PM »
EZ, I'm in the same situation, and that's why I've decided to bail out. I can retire now, with a "chump-change" pension, or wait a while, and not even get the chump-change. :-/  I decided to go now, while I am still young ::) and healthy :D enough to get something going on my own. Some departments have already faced the scale back that you're talking about, and it ain't a pretty picture! >:(  The CEO and his henchmen are getting filthy rich, (they've been filthy for a long time) while the folks that butter their bread are suffering.
I have several jobs in mind for myself, just to keep things from getting stale. One of my jobs is going to involve suing folks. Guess who my first customer is gonna be? ;D

mhasel, I just wanted you to know I wasn't putting you down. :)  The manufacturer may be foreign, but the American distribution system is an American company, as far as I'm concerned. The M-F dealer here is a friend, neighbor, and customer of mine. Because of his honest and forthright dealings, there are probably two M-F tractors in this county to every one of all other brands put together.  When I buy something from him, I consider that I'm buying American. At least I know where part of the money is going. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Offline fencerowphil (Phil L.)

• Senior Member x2
  • LIKE CUTTIN' LONG! 30FT!
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2003, 03:07:43 PM »
I see the value of local-loyalty, also.  Twenty years ago, in a retail business at the time,  I would have loved to have seen more of it (and would have been the receiver of the benefits).

Recently, after waiting for three months to hear about ordered parts for a chainsaw,  I ended up back on the internet to buy the stuff I really preferred to get locally.   Well, ... at least I tried.  Never even got phone calls back from the local dealer.
Phil L.

Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
American elm?

Started by Peacock on Tree, Plant and Wood I.D.

31 Replies
Last post April 18, 2013, 09:20:16 PM
by Al_Smith
xx
American paw paw

Started by bandmiller2 on Tree, Plant and Wood I.D.

30 Replies
Last post August 24, 2010, 08:31:48 PM
by bandmiller2
xx
American Elm

Started by markkelly on Sawmills and Milling

11 Replies
Last post October 17, 2011, 10:57:08 PM
by mrcaptainbob
xx
American Chestnut ??

Started by DonE911 on Ask The Forester