The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Yote hunting  (Read 9897 times)

Offline Troublermaker

• Share Post
Re: Yote hunting
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2011, 11:25:56 AM »
This happen about 7 or 8 miles from me. Been here all my life and this is the first time I ever heard anything like this was this year. In fact I never even seen a real coyote. We done had some wild dogs from time to time that people have drop to pack up and kill some people sheep's but never coyote. They have just show up lately.

Gloucester supervisors hear about coyote attacks

http://www.dailypress.com/news/gloucester-county/dp-nws-gloucester-coyotes-20110201,0,6201885.story

Offline Just Me

• Share Post
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2011, 05:18:51 PM »
 Interesting article. They are adapting to our increasingly urban world. I like how the politicians will discuss it at their meeting in two weeks, meanwhile.........

I'm not buying the bounty does not do anything BS.  It sounds to me like something the WWF came up with and has spread around. They sure have proliferated around here since the bounty was dropped and their habits have drastically changed as I have said before.

Twelve cows is a lot of money, and it is directly out of the profit. Has to sting if it is just a small farmer. Hope he has insurance for that.

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2011, 09:42:49 PM »
It's not so much that the bounty doesn't have an impact, it's the fact that when the bounty ends they rebound. Also, if the pelts have not much value then there are far less participants to. And when your government, as in Canada, is scared to death of guns there are far less hunters to take care of business because your gun becomes a target of tax collection to create anther government welfare job. Not every place is influenced by the WWF so much as scientific study. As far as Canada is concerned WWF ranks us at the bottom of the G8 and most people don't care (0.5 % support). Blaming some of these organizations often becomes a convenient "I told you so" even if they have little influence in the matter. ;)
Move'n on.

Offline Norm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2011, 08:31:16 AM »
I see they are using that same tired line that the more you shot the more you get. BS, I can tell you that aggressive hunting especially with greyhounds puts a dent in the population. Of course she doesn't have a clue what she's talking about nor do the college DNR boys. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Hog Hunting in Tn.

Started by Weekend_Sawyer on The Outdoor Board

17 Replies
Last post March 17, 2014, 10:43:15 AM
by Raider Bill
xx
Hunting in the UK

Started by Tom on The Outdoor Board

5 Replies
Last post June 02, 2008, 11:38:12 PM
by Lurcherman