iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Folding Log Trailer

Started by Trailer Builder, January 19, 2011, 10:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trailer Builder

What do you think about our folding log trailers?

Trailer Builder

tyb525

Trailer builder,

Those look nice. Are those used mostly for longer logs? I ask cause I'm not sure what the advantage would be over a standard trailer?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Trailer Builder

That particular truck was made to cart 10-11 meter logs on the back trailer and 5-6 meter logs on the front trailer. Beleive it or not but that is a B Double.\
The advantage that we see here is that A. You dont tow your trailer back to the bush which helps with manouverability and also an empty trailer bouncing down the road can cause alot of stress to the trailer beams and suspension. some of these trailers we built 15 years ago are still full time used. B. Having tha extra weight on the truck makes for a better cabin ride and helps with traction in the bush. Aussie bush roads can be pretty [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] so having that extra weight can mean alot. Hope that answers your question mate. Would really like to answer more.

Buck

Folding trlrs were popular for some time around here. Now double bunks have taken over. If I had that many tires on the ground I think I would rather fold it and pack it along too.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Trailer Builder

Double bunk? On a single trailer? Thats what we call a folding skel... i have one or two i think in my photos i'll post one here.

Buck

No. This area went from a folding pole trailer with two sets of bolsters to a rigid trailer with four sets of bolsters. Makes it able to haul younger and smaller timber easier.  You dont see those "super trucks" in SW La.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Trailer Builder

This is a single trailer with 3 bunks but thess easily convert over to a two bunk

Trailer Builder

Ok I have finally got a video on you tube i think I'm just suppose to give the link?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYhMWd1bwfA

Thank You Sponsors!