iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

North Coast Redwoods

Started by RandyMac, February 01, 2011, 12:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyMac

Drop me a line if you are headed to NW CA, I'll make sure you see the best of what is left.
I live in Crescent City, Del Norte County, plenty to see and do here.
Have you heard about the guy who claims to have felled 2 million trees?

pasbuild

Thats right up there on my bucket list, will take you up on your offer if I can make it happen.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

ErikC

You live in pretty country and that's a nice offer. I am somewhat familiar with it. We go to the Smith and Chetco rivers a couple times a year, just north of you. And like to hit your neck of the woods in summer to cool off for a few days. We live in Hayfork, you probably know where that is. :)
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

RandyMac

It's been awhile since I've been through there. I chased lightning strikes near Hayfork back in the '70s.

The weather has been beautiful, dry, sunny, mildly breezy.

I often wander the flats on the banks of the Smith, planning layouts.

ErikC

We have had the same weather, but cooler. Frosty at night, nice days. Almost a month of it now.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

isawlogs

I am currious to know why one would chasse after lihjtning strkes, if anything I sort of shy away from it  ::) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

He might be a Fulgurite hunter.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RandyMac

Hah ha,
I should have said downstrikes, they cause fires, sometimes sprinkled over a wide area.
I fought forest fires for a few years, in between logging jobs.

Magicman

You live and work in a very beautiful section of the country.   :o  Awesome comes to my mind as I remember standing and looking up.  Thanks for the offer if we are ever in that area again.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

Had to look that one up Jeff, some nice peices come out when lightning strikes sand. I saw a movy once that had a guy putting in rebar into the sand and hoping it gets struke by lightning , when it di , wow  :o 
  I did some time fighting forest fires back in my teens.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Burlkraft

I saw that movie too.........

It's been buggin' me all morning...what movie was it?

I couldn't help it I hadda look it up. It was Sweet Home Alabama
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Thank You Sponsors!