iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Equipment Junk Yard in New Hampshire

Started by mjeselskis, February 12, 2011, 08:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjeselskis

I am hoping someone in Northern New England can help me out.

I remember going to an equipment junk yard with my father when I was younger. He picked up some used sprockets and rollers for his old Case dozer. I remember that the place was huge, but that may be because I was really small.

Does anyone know of a large equipment salvage yard in New Hampshire, where I could go pick through and try to pick up some good used parts for dozers, skidders, etc?
2006 WM LT28  1993 John Deere 5300
Husqvarna 562XP & 365 X-Torq

Ed_K

Nash equipment,Colebrook,N.H.  They have a web site also.
Ed K

mjeselskis

2006 WM LT28  1993 John Deere 5300
Husqvarna 562XP & 365 X-Torq

woodmills1

remember the old slogan

I think it was   like you bring the cash we have the trash    :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

shinnlinger

Any one know if they are cool to deal with?  There prices seem a bit high.  Do they dicker?
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

JDeere

They are very expensive and they don't dicker much. Their rule of thumb is whatever they pay for it they double the price. It gives you some idea of the room they have in pricing.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Skiddah

When Eddie was alive, it was easier to get a deal from them.  Since his death, his wife and daughters have been running it.  They got hooked up with an out of town finance company and the prices have skyrocketed.  It's really too bad because their inventory is pretty substantial.  Parts prices are also a killer there too, look elsewhere if you can.

nhlogga

I agree. They get $30k for a $10k skidder. Call and ask if they have a part they will say they do and when you get there they don't have it or it is useless. Saying used to be" Fast cash Eddie Nash".
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

Thank You Sponsors!