iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS440 COMING BACK...........

Started by STIHLFULLSKIP, February 23, 2011, 10:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STIHLFULLSKIP

MY B.I.L. WORKS AT A STIHL DEALER IN INDIANA,AND TOLD ME THEY WHERE MAKING A 1 YEAR RUN OF THE MS440 AGAIN. HE SAID THEY WILL HAVE THEM BY APRIL...........

Al_Smith

They never really quit making them or  the 038 Mag .Because of the EPA they just quit selling them in the USA .

If you go to Stihls international sites and look up South Africa ,they are still listed but the 038 Mag is now the 381 .

tlandrum

i will be buying a few thats for certain
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

Spike60

If this is true, they'll be gobbled up real quick and you Stihl guys should jump on them as soon as you can. It won't so much be in the sense of a "full year" as much as they will forcast a certain amount that will be brought in to the EPA and they can't exceed it. So, when that run is gone, it's gone.

It's also possible, (and would be cool), that they are doing like Husky did with the 372 and they're giving the 440 the strato treatment. In that case, they won't be limited as to how many they can bring in.

It'll be interesting to see if this pans out.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Al_Smith

It's probabley wishfull thinking ,an interesting rumor  if nothing else .

If Eddie  A .were on here and if he was at liberty to discuss it probabley aye or nay could be determined . My guess would be nay .

The saws like I said are still being made and the parts are easy  enough to find, just not a new saw.I suppose if you really wanted to a saw could be fabricated from new parts but you'd have the price of a Cadillac in it .

alha

If true, any guesses if they will make the Arctic version available?

bill m

Talked to my local dealer this past week. Stihl rep. told him they will only be available on the west coast. Has anyone else heard this?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Cut4fun

Yes you can buy them at Madsen's and other west coast dealers.

joe_indi

Two more introductions for the year.
One is the new the PS3 saw chain,  a Picco Super. Its claimed to be the first chisel  in LP chains.
The second is a comeback of the 36RS (3/8 Rapid Super full comp) which was discontinued for a short period.

Joe

Cut4fun

I got a loop of the 63 PS3 a few days ago and posted pics on chainsawrepair in chain section.  Here is some of  the pics.

Weekend_Sawyer

Is that loop sitting on a loaf of bread?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Cut4fun

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on May 01, 2011, 11:56:08 AM
Is that loop sitting on a loaf of bread?

Very old vise that was in my late 1800's barn. When barn went down in 100mph straight line winds in 2006, guess what survived to go in new barn.  8)

joe_indi

Quote from: Cut4fun on May 01, 2011, 10:14:02 AM
I got a loop of the 63 PS3 a few days ago
So, how does it cut?
Is it like a miniature Rapid Super?

Cut4fun

Quote from: joe_indi on May 01, 2011, 01:39:16 PM
Quote from: Cut4fun on May 01, 2011, 10:14:02 AM
I got a loop of the 63 PS3 a few days ago
So, how does it cut?
Is it like a miniature Rapid Super?

IMO you could square file this PS3 to go even faster or just round file it like it is already and I would say yes it is like a smaller RS.

Not running it till I get a few more test chains to run in 8x8 aspen with 35cc saw. I think I have Oregon VXL, VL or something else in oregon and Windsor and some Carlton maybe. I am wanting to compare it to 63 PMC or PM also. Still need a 45dl or 56dl PMC or PM.

joe_indi

Cut4fun ,
I would really like to know how it performs on a 45 - 50cc saw.
Would it then be able to cut like a bigger saw running a full chisel?
Just think of the costs saving if it works.

Joe

Cut4fun

My 49cc-53cc saws run 325 and full 3/8. No LP Picco on them. I only run Picco LP on 40cc and under. Sorry.

Cost savings where? That loop of PS3 I traded for is $20-$22 retail. Thats lot more then my 3/8 and 325 60dl 66dl loops.

Al_Smith

On this little side track I can't see any costs savings .Remember at this point only Stihl markets that chain and while Stihl is indeed very fine chain it's costly .Besides that if you were running say .325 on a 3 cuber you'd have to buy bars, sprockets and the like then I doubt it would be any better than the .325 after all that .

3 cubers seem to go both ways depending on who made them .Some are .325 and some are 3/8" low profile  from what I've seen .

Now for something like an Ms 200T or the like I'd say give it a go .Ocassional firewooder 3 cuber,wait until Oregon comes out with it .In the mean time finish wearing out your semi chisel lo pro .

Now on my own sde track,I'm about to go to the dealers in a short to get a flippy cap for a 200T myself .If the old boy has some of that chain I''ll have a loop before the sun sets .

Thank You Sponsors!