iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need a source for 2" roller guides

Started by ipopeye, March 01, 2011, 06:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipopeye

Hi Folks

Anyone know of a good source for blade roller guides?

I have a Timberwolf Sawmill ( British Columbia - no longer in production).  I'm trying to find a source for some replacement rollerguides. I run 2" blades. My Current rollers are Diameter 2", total length 1 7/8" , flange is 3/16"  and I use 6203RS sealed bearings with a 5/8 ID ( Bearings are 40mm/12mm/.625 )

Cooks saw has a bunch ,but not this size

thanks

sgschwend

How about just using the bearing?  You could switch to a bearing part number that has the 2" OD.  I assume you still have the shoulder bolt.  If not you can purchase those too.  Grainger Industrial Supply has both parts. 
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

fishpharmer

A local machine shop may make them  for you at at reasonable price.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bandmiller2

Call Cooks saw they have  guide rollers to fit most any mill see add to left. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

sdunston

How about the retrofit kit that Cooks offers, Its under the mega guide section in the online store.

Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

bandmiller2

Sorry Popeye didn't see where you said Cooks didn't have your size.Prehaps if you called Tim they would  turn you a pair or you could use the nearest size and readjust the mill. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Kansas

We retrofitted with Cooks for our 2" bands. Seems to me we had to pull out the welder, but it wasn't bad at all.

redbeard

Since it is a part that needs replaced perodically I would find guide rollers that are eaisly available like cooks mega jaw, I'am sure you can make those work for your mill.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

customsawyer

I run some deeper rollers with my 1 3/4" blades from WM. I don't remember how deep they are but they work well with my blades.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!