iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Opinions on Echo cs 370, cs400 ??

Started by oakcutter, April 28, 2011, 05:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakcutter

I have been looking for a saw in the 35-40cc range to use with a 16in bar.  All my research has led me to an Echo 370 or 400.  I am not looking for the fastest or hottest chainsaw in the world, but just a quality well built saw that I will still be using in 15 years.  I cut about  10 cords or less a year of firewood, all oak.  Does anyone have any experience with these saws? Opinions?  

ladylake

I just came back from the woods using those 2 models, I never thought I'd ever use a 40CC saw but old age and my CS400 saws changed my mind. They cut good stock but really wake up with a muff modd, the CS400 is notaciabaly fasteer than the CS370 but the CS370 is no slouch either. With a muff modd and tuned right the CS400 cuts just as fast as my big name homeowner 50 cc saws.  The CS400 can be bought new for around $200 on Ebay, good buy.  If you get one either you or your dealer has to pull the limiter cap and adjust richer 99% of the time, they come set to lean(a lot of new saws are) and will bog easy and could burn up. On other thing is to let them warm up, I got the 370 off Ebay and it was siezed from no letting it warm up.  With a 16" B@C and full of gas and oil they wieght 13# compared to 15# for the lighter 50cc saws.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

oakcutter

I think I am leaning more towards the 400 than the 370. 

ladylake

I sure would, the same wieght, more power and not to much more to buy.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!