iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Scary/criminal

Started by Ernie, May 17, 2011, 09:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Don_Papenburg

Ernie , Could you give a Cliff notes version? That would be a three or four hour download on my crankphone internet setup.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

tyb525

I've also seen research about cell phone signals affecting bees
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

sprucebunny

The video is about a pesticide and inadaquate testing by the manufacturer/EPA of it's effects on bees.

Here's a link for more info http://action.freshthemovie.com/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=5213
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Norm

It's not used around here but we have the same problems with bee's dieing off. Reminds me of the movie silent spring.

A good quote of this type of alar hysteria.

"But after four decades in which tens of billions of dollars have been wasted chasing imaginary risks without measurably improving American health, her intellectual descendants don't have the same excuse".

Ernie

Quote from: Don_Papenburg on May 17, 2011, 11:06:12 PM
Ernie , Could you give a Cliff notes version? That would be a three or four hour download on my crankphone internet setup.

Once I found out what a "cliffs note" is, I had a look around and this is probably as good as anything for your crankphone setup.

The emphasis was more on the irresponsible sanctioning by the EPA(what a misnomer) of the use of potent dangerous pesticides without an adequate risk assessment.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070223-bees.html
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

SPIKER

what is not stated is that the Bee die off has moved around the world and USA is late in the game at getting the die off issue.   China and Eastern Europe were much earlier in the issue.   That kind of tosses a chink in the pesticide and cell phone signals causing it as the die back was in rural china Mongolia and Europe a year prior to here.

Other sources links it to a contamination that originated in Australia as they are one of the biggest producers of Bees (yes it is a very large market that has low inspection and worldwide shipping over night short term of live bees to mass producers & pollinators that roam along with the flowering crops.)

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Don_Papenburg

Thanks every body .  We had three hives dieout last winter /  early spring.  We extracted the honey and found no infant bees in the comb.  I was thinking that the queens were inferior and died off leaving the hive without replacements.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Meadows Miller

Gday

Its not A good thing at all if its the parasite that the CSIRO has been doing alot of research into since the first large outbreaks I have afew Mates in the industry and everyone is watching it very closely  :o :) ??? ???  :P :P :P  Mark Australia the last country/continent to be still free of the parasite and thats the reason we ship all over the world freely Mate  ;) There Is a bloke who lives about 30 mi from Me who ships between 1 to 4 million honey bees to the USA per week  ;) they are in NZ which has got us really worried  about it getting here :o :( :(

Regards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

Meadows Miller

Here got the link to a story on landline from last year http://abc.net.au/landline/content/2010/s2990030.htm you can either read it or click on the play link its a good 15min long  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!