iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

help for deleting a poorly worded postl

Started by montreal, August 12, 2011, 07:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

montreal

is there someone that could advise me on how to delete a very poorly worded post i did last nite while i was half asleep,any help would be greatly appreciated,cheers Mon

fishpharmer

I think only Administrators can delete posts.  You can, however, hit the modify button and correct it.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Ianab

Deleted for you....

You are right, it was a bit hard to decipher.

Feel free to try again.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

montreal

thanksFishpharmer & Ian for your replys,Ian u made my day by wiping that post.i am very green on typing ,internet,computers etc & after determining i wanted to get more from this great website/forum & that i would face the unknown i started at 10.30 the other nite to register & ask my questions .After many hours of painfully slow typing etc & losing all my work 2 times[i think it was because my login expired before i was done ]i was becoming increasingly frustrated,manic,tired & desperate! finally at 5.30 inthe morning while literally nodding off i  posted my masterpeice of manic, mumbo jumbo,which sounded a lot more like a heap of disconected,inexperienced bold statements instead of a couple of well worded questions that i had in mind.i felt like crawling under a log when i came in from work at lunch & checked out my handiwork.would u advise me to explain all this on a new post,[not at 5.30!!]in the chainsaw forum,or do u have any other ideas what i should do to explain my nonsensical questions to the head scratching people who read it.Or now that its wiped should i just apply the sleeping dogs approach & leave it at that,thanks again for your help & kind words of encouragement,cheers Mon 

AvT

Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Piston

I'd sure like you to repost it at this point.  ;D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Ianab

Quote from: Piston on August 12, 2011, 11:58:15 PM
I'd sure like you to repost it at this point.  ;D

Yep.. sit down, get your thoughts together and try again. The guys in the chainsaw section will talk about chainsaws all day once you get them started.  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

Hey, I read your post and understood it. I don't have any answers though. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doctorb

I didn't read your post, and I often go back and modify mine after I initially post one.  It is not surprising that SwampDonkey understood it. I have trouble understanding him too! :D ;D ;)
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Bro. Noble

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 13, 2011, 05:50:03 AM
Hey, I read your post and understood it. I don't have any answers though. ;)

Well, DanG, I wish I'd seen that question---------I've never seen one that SD didn't have an answer to :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Warbird

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Bro.  Noble on August 13, 2011, 09:59:57 AM
I've never seen one that SD didn't have an answer to :D :D :D

:D Technically, I did give an answer, but probably the wrong one. :D

A fella has to smile once in awhile. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I'm glad that they don't delete all poorly worded posts.   smiley_ignore    ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Piston

Quote from: Magicman on August 13, 2011, 08:21:09 PM

It would certainly be a slow forum if they did  :D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

sandhills

Quote from: Piston on August 13, 2011, 09:35:29 PM
Quote from: Magicman on August 13, 2011, 08:21:09 PM

It would certainly be a slow forum if they did  :D
Alright, are guys trying to single me out?

red oaks lumber

i pobably woulnd't have one good post yet ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

montreal

its surprising how much interest an uninteresting post can generate,would there be any permanent,well salaried class clown positions available,??thanks for your replys,thanks again for the encouragement  Ian,cheers

Ianab

We have quite some competition for "Forum Clown", as as for salary.. well we could probably increase the current pay by 50%.

But as the current rate is zero....

Yeah.. there is some competition for forum "funny guy", and I'm not even close to the title  :D

Good thing I still got a day job  ::)

Ian

montreal

can i refer the readers of the deleted post & the curious ones who didnt read it that ive posted the new ,hopefully improved version on the chainsaw forum,Swampdonkey u may be able to understand it less but be able to answer it more!?

Thank You Sponsors!