The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Tally-I/O

Author Topic: Central Boiler E Classic 2300  (Read 20371 times)

Offline muckamuck

• Share Post
Re: Central Boiler E Classic 2300
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »
I think I can offer a reason why the re-ignite burner only runs for 20 seconds.  I have an early 2300 dual fuel model.  What you describe sounds like the pre-ignition fan running to clear gas and smoke out of the firebox.  If I remember correctly here is what happens:
You push the propane ignite button and a fan comes on and stays on 20-30 seconds (I forget) then if you stand right next to the propane tank regulator you should hear a soft click and the sound of propane going thru the regulator.  In 2 seconds you should hear a soft 'woomp' from the firebox as the propane lights.  Gas continues to run...   Unless, you have a gummed up propane jet.  Then, instead of the woomp you hear the gas run about 5 seconds and then the propane and fan shut down (you don't want propane going in if it does not ignite, right?).  That is what is happening to you.  So,  the solution is to pull the wires off the propane jet in the back, unscrew the 2 clamps around the rubber tube and gently pull the propane jet out (still connected to the propane tube).  Clean everything, the jet, the tube into the firebox, and especially clean the little wire ignition that sits in front of the jet.  That wire has to be clean or no spark.  Reassemble and try again and listen.  From now on use the jet cleaner wire brush from inside the firebox as in my previous posts to keep the little ignition wire clean.
Hope this helps.
Muck

Offline njcandyman

• Share Post
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2012, 03:25:35 PM »
No its the Propane Regulator they must have gotten water in it. there is a little pin hole on the side of it and sometime it gets water in there and the regulator thinks there to much presser and it stops working. Replace the regulator and that will fix your problem

Offline hookem75

• Share Post
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 10:47:35 AM »
I have an EClassic 2300 that I bought in 10/08 .  I had the typical learning curve but we are extremely happy with ours.  We had the fusion chamber thing replaced at no charge and we have the cracking in the air holes too.  I live in southern Mass so it can be somewhat temperate, but we burn all year long for hot water.  I found that loading the logs left to right instead of front to back was a huge change.  I no longer need the paper clip and the fire burns great.  We dont get bridging either.   Erik

Offline doctorb

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Team Physician
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »
Erik-

What size logs, both length and diameter, are you burning.  I have had more bridging this year as I am using logs that are not split too fine.  tthis seems to happen more with 12-14" rounds that are split once - in half - so I'm throwing in a pretty large half-moon!  they're two years dry, and burn well, they just seem to bridge more often.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Offline hookem75

• Share Post
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 12:09:35 PM »
They are just long enough to fit side to side in the firebox, so maybe 16-18".  I split alot of large logs so I don't have many half splits.  My wood is bordering on green, but i make sure to run with the damper open when it is above 35 degrees because it goes too long between cycles.  Smaller splits seem to work the best.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Central Boiler E-Classic 2300

Started by needful on Firewood and Wood Heating

9 Replies
Last post September 15, 2008, 08:35:38 AM
by wannabeonetoo
thumbup
Another Central Boiler e-Classic 2300 online

Started by JJ on Firewood and Wood Heating

2 Replies
Last post December 26, 2008, 05:20:48 PM
by JJ
question
Central Boiler E-Classic 2300-any experience???

Started by Piston on Firewood and Wood Heating

43 Replies
Last post October 06, 2011, 07:35:30 PM
by lynn d
xx
Central Boiler E-Classic 2300 problems

Started by Mocha2324 on Firewood and Wood Heating

19 Replies
Last post December 21, 2017, 03:08:28 PM
by Logging logginglogging