iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In the morning......can't wait!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, August 31, 2011, 07:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My sawmill is in a pole barn I built last December. Around the pole barn we have 50+ acres of corn we have been picking to sell to Deer hunters.
Well, for the last week, the Canadian Geese have been coming in by the "cord".

Tomorrow morning at day break, Goose season opens! fly_smiley

I'll be right there by the LT40 with my 12 gauge.

Goose breasteses on the grill......emmmmmm!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

dukndog

Now that right there just ain't fair!!! hiding behind an orange contraption...making em think ur a workin!!! and all they a wantin is a bit o corn!!!
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

red oaks lumber

i'll give a small pearl. wear your hat backward, 8) geese will think your looking one way and they will fly what they think is behind you.  boooommmm you shot them dead ;D they drove right into the wheelhouse
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Cedarman

My head sawyer and my yard man (my son)  took off today and tomorrow to chase feathers.  I am going to have to do some physical work for a change.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

shinnlinger

Around here,  the second that any season opens up, particularly deer and turkey, they cease to exist in areas where they had been very prevalent.   How do they know?

Good luck!!!!
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Raider Bill

I read somewhere that Canadian geese were getting to nuisance numbers and that the "season" was going to be expanded.
Years ago we used to hide in a hole and use .22's on them
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Norm

They got to above nuisance numbers years ago but like most things the ones writing the rules have no clue.

They're rats with feathers on our place, you can watch them walk down a planted field plucking off the newly sprouted plants.

Chuck White

Norm
Why not turn some of them into coyote bait?  ;)

After a while, the rest will catch on and go somewhere else.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Norm

Oh I'd never do anything like that.... ;D

Thank You Sponsors!