iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Delivering a concrete swimming pool

Started by Raider Bill, September 01, 2011, 12:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Chuck White

WHOW!

I kinda thought they were over-extending their reach!

What to do next!  :'(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

I'd seen the pic of the truck upended, but first for the video. Guess they didn't know their crane limitations very well, or no clue as to what the weight of the pool was they were moving. All that could have been calculated ahead of time, but obviously was not (or something broke). Anyway, it was a bad day for them.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WH_Conley

The operator had to intentionally override the computer. That was a newer hydraulic rig, after so much load on the scale an alarm goes off, so much more load and they quit working.
Bill

Raider Bill

Seems like he should have been backed up further so he wouldn't have had that much stick at that angle. Guess the chimney wasn't such a big deal. :D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sandhills

Nope.  Absolutely not.  Never, ever done anything like that.  Well, not with equipment that heavy anyway  ;D.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Who was speaking French at the end, the operator or the homeowner?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Looking at the YouTube version posted for this one, and following along, there are apparently quite a few similar accidents. A couple involving lifting trees from the rear yard, and one setting a hot tub.
Here is one, others can be accessed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=cDLEaAqbfbY
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

AvT

It is an awsome video but I am a little concerned about what one might find if one were to click on some of the ads around that video
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Dan_Shade

That's why crane operators make a lot of money   :D

I used to work for Grove Manlift, they also made cranes.  Legal each year would give us a brief with a bunch of pictures sort of like this.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Ianab

Speak of the Devil...

They tipped one over in town this morning...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/5555218/Crane-chaos

Shifting oil drilling supplies in Shell Oil's yard, so no house got squashed, but I will give the OSH guys something to keep themselves busy with for a while  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

AvT

A couple of years ago I was in charge of work being done on the top of a flare stack at the gas plant.  It was 300 ft tall and workers had to work out of a basket up at the flare tip welding cutting etc.  I hated the whole situation because the size crane barely reached that high.  They were constantly waiting for wind free weather to do anything.  It was crazy as it cost somthing like $10,000.00 a day and most of the two weeks they were just sitting waiting.  When they finally got the guys up there they had to turn the crane once in a while to let the sun shine on the other side because the boom was deflecting from heat on one side.  That job was one of the contributing factors to me resigning from my job this week.  Please don't give me hell for ordering the wrong size crane becuause I didn't plan the job.  I was just the guy who had to "get er done"
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

beenthere

According to the write-up under this posting of the crane video on YouTube, the homeowner was putting this pool in himself. Had hired the crane to set it for him. Another video shows removing the crane with at least one other crane involved. Something said there about a computer glitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7MfHsLT9hY&feature=related
south central Wisconsin

Thank You Sponsors!