The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic:   A Dail's Saturday Adventure  (Read 2273 times)

Offline dail_h

• Senior Member x2
  • G-Diddy and the Baby Hurlenator
    • Share Post
  A Dail's Saturday Adventure
« on: January 18, 2004, 03:47:21 PM »
   This weekend was my weekwnd off,and the wife 'n youngan was off on a church trip,so methinks I'll do some Dail stuff. First order of buisness is call buddy ,to see if he is free----yep,oh boy.
  # 1 Meet at 6:30,and leave his van,ya can't put much stuff in a nice family van;then we take off to one of the local Ruitan club's annual consignment auctions.Breakfast on the way.Waddn't much there,seemed to be a clean out your shelter junk sale, I only bought 3 small things ,a cast iron dutch oven that had two tobacco barn burners with it. Them burners is next to impossible to find now and these were in perfect condition.Next I bought one of them yard vacume thingys with the big bag on the back. Buddy says why in the ----- did you buy that,I would of thought it would have been plain to anybody with walking around sense   mobile sawdust vacume system,. Next was a twenty ton hyd press. As he didn't see nuthin he wanted to bid on we left.
  #2 On the way back we passed a farm that had a partialy dismanteled broiler house,so naturaly we HAD to stop. After knocking on several doors,located owners wife and got phone #.. Continued journy.
  #3 As it was still early my buddy says lets go to Va to this new tool store he found ,so we'er off.Turns out to be a Harbor Freight store. Wow are they nice boy shoooooeeee!!!!They are everything that Northern wasn't . While they didn't have as much heavy stuff sa Northern, Their prices a SERVICE were much better. Given time I think their selection will improve
  #4 Time for food again,so I like to try different stuff so we decided on Indian ,very good, but spicy . Came home some tv and to bed. Life is good.
  Shoot,I almost forgot,called the guy with the chicken house trusses a while ago, 11 steel 40 ft sidewall ,roof trusses for $70 each. Did I do ok?
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Offline DanG

• Senior Member x2
  • DanG, The Official ForestryForum Cussword
    • Share Post
Re:   A Dail's Saturday Adventure
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 04:54:53 PM »
Sounds like a great day, Dail.  Ain't it nice to have the place to yerself, once in a while?
My wife left on a trip at 6am this morning, and I immediately switched the tv to the Black channel, my favorite. You know, the channel where you hit the little button and the screen goes black! ;D  'Bout 830, my buddy, Jim, got here and we headed to the deep dark woods to get the last of the juniper logs I bought. Today was supposed to be crappy, weather-wise, but turned out beautiful; bright and sunny with temps near 80! ;D  Chainsaw lost a bolt that holds the housing around the pull cord, so I had to finish the limbing with the axe. Boy, I worked up a good sweat doing that!
Stopped for gas and a chicken box at the "Hogly Wogly" store in Hosford Fl. Piggly Wiggly sued Hogly Wogly a number of years ago, over the name, but Hogly Wogly prevailed and built a whole chain of stores with the proceeds. :D  They do got some good fried chicken!
Came home and relaxed a bit, then straightened up the log yard with the Hootiemobile.
Can't believe that life's gonna be like this all the time, after just 8 more work days! 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Offline Stan

• Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 07:08:52 PM »
Well you're short enough now that I can let you in on the secret. You've only got one more set of days off, for your whole life.  :-/
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Offline DR_Buck

• Senior Member x2
  • Nuff said.....
    • Share Post
    • Got Logs?
Re: A Dail's Saturday Adventure
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 09:03:20 PM »
 :D :D

Dail,

What did it cost you to get out of Harbor Freight????   I'm a "preferred" customer.   The new store in Woodbridge (only one in VA) is good and bad.  The bad is now that they have a store in VA I have to pay sales tax even for mail order.  @*&&&^$#  !

The 'GOOD' is the store is about a mile from the daughter's house and when we go visit the grand kids it's just a required stop.   In fact tomorrow morning (holiday from the regular job) I'm making a Harbor Freight run.  Need to get a new cement mixer and they got just what I need.   Will probably come away with a few other goodies while I'm there.

DR Buck
Hidden Acres Farm
Been there, done that.   Never got caught

Wood-Mizer LT40 Super- Wide HDG38
Lucas Dedicated 60" Slabber

Offline VA-Sawyer

• Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2004, 11:59:02 PM »
there's one in Richmond, VA as well.  Guess that makes at least 3 in Virginia. Also have 2 Northern stores that I know about here.  If neither brand has what you want, you probably didn't need it anyways.  ;D

VA-Sawyer

Offline dail_h

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 08:15:04 AM »
   Only spent about $35,got 4 pair of work suspenders ,and a coupla other small items. But I did see some things that I'm going back for after I get my mill.
      Volume Discount At ER

Offline Frank_Pender

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 10:12:10 AM »
Hey Dail, you done good on the trusses. 8)
Frank Pender

Offline dail_h

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 10:51:45 AM »
   Got everything unloaded today,press works good,only had to put some oil in it,vacume started and ran on second pull after setting outside in the rain Sat.night 'n yesterday. Got a pot of taters"n onions "ncarrots 'nbeef 'n mushrooms done already in the dutch oven ;D
      Volume Discount At ER

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Saturday "Free" Cypress Adventure

Started by Ocklawahaboy on Sawmills and Milling

21 Replies
Last post December 16, 2014, 03:30:41 PM
by Ocklawahaboy
question
Nyle  -  -  Powered Vents or Not ???

Started by DR_Buck on Drying and Processing

14 Replies
Last post February 21, 2005, 01:27:34 PM
by Mike_Doolittle