The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Tally-I/O

Author Topic: Eclassic 2300 wood usage?  (Read 5090 times)

Offline hockeyguy

• Share Post
Re: Eclassic 2300 wood usage?
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 10:33:31 AM »
Not sure what you mean by wood ignition relight.
Mine is wood only with an add pulse timer I bought from  CB and installed myself. I followed the instructions until I found the right settings.
Good move installing the thermopex. That's right up there with dry wood on the list.

Offline WI Fire

• Share Post
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 04:23:06 PM »
Quoting from manual (this  E-2300 has 2 gas burners, one for Wood Ignition, one for Gas Mode):

Page 40, item 5. "The Wood Ignition button is used to enable/disable wood ignition. When enabled, the Wood ignition light is on. During operation, the light will flash.

6. The Wood Ignition Timer (up or down buttons) may be used to increase or decrease the amount of time the upper gas burner operates during wood ignition. When the upper gas burner is operating, the light bar indicates the amount of time remaining.

7. The Wood Auto Relight button is used to enable/disable the Wood Auto relight mode. When enabled, the Wood Auto Relight light is on. During operation the light will flash.

8. The Wood Auto Relight Timer (up and down) buttons may be used to indicate the amount of time the upper gas burner operates during wood auto relight. When the upper gas burner is operating, the light bar indicates the amount of time remaining.

NOTE: If the temperature in the Reaction Chamber rises enough, the controller will turn off the upper gas burner even if time remains on the light bar.

9. The GAS MODE button may be used to enable/disable the Gas Backup and Gas Only modes. Only one mode may be used at a time. When enabled, either the Gas Backup or gas only light will be on. During lower gas burner operation, the corresponding mode light will flash."

??? My question was related to how long others set the "Wood Ignition Timer".

My other thought, not having had any experience, or firing the unit yet, was that it might be a small price to pay (for intermittent usage of gas) if this obviated some of the problems sited by others regarding a creosoted jet that needs repeated cleaning.

So i was just wondering what those with experience might say....

WI Fire

Offline richsei

• Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 10:34:30 PM »
I set mine for about 5 min.

Offline doctorb

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Team Physician
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 06:56:53 AM »
I have never hooked up the dual fuel gas option on my 2300.  Never needed it and sorry I paid more for it.  I had only one re-light last winter.  It was after a week away for my kids spring vacation.  I fill twice a day, and have had to "nurse" a bed of coals back to life a few times, but the gas option is not one that I would purchase again.  If the stove is well maintained, and good fuel is used, the requirements for restarting the fire are very few and far between.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Offline grousehunter

• Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »
I live in NH and start burning late October and stop mid to late March.
I burn mostly maple and red oak
Heat 3 floors about 3200 square feet.
New house southern exposure
Use about 6 cords

On another note has anyone ever had any success trying to get central boiler to replace the 2300 with new models.
I have a wood only and a dual fuel two different houses.

Purchased both in 2008 and it is a full time job taking care of the retrofits, replacing combustions chambers, doors and now the 6 ribbons or bands in the back.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks

Grousehunter (when I'm not repairing my furnaces)

Offline stumper

• Share Post
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 04:12:07 PM »
Can you better describe the "ribbons or bands" that you need to replace?

I understand that they have replaced those that have sprung leaks.  This surprised me becase based on what they have done to date I figured the would simply send a couple of welding rods to my dealer with some instructions, expecting me to pick them up and weld the leak.

Offline richsei

• Share Post
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 04:54:33 PM »
Grousehunter
Good luck on getting CB to do anything I have been working with them for 2 1/2 yrs now on my stove and I emailed the BBB on them that was a waste of time. They did send out the dealer to look it over again and talked to us on the phone why he was here. They keep saying it is a cleaning problem even when the dealer tells them it is one of the cleanest CB he was ever worked on. So what I get back from the BBB is case closed and a letter saying it is a cleaning problem and if you have any other problems to let CB know and they will stand behind there 25yr warranty.  LOL

Offline doctorb

• Administrator
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 06:11:48 PM »
Stumper,

I imagine that the ribbons he mentions are the twisted turbulator inserts that run through the tubes.  These are the removable twisted pieces of metal that try to improve heat exchange through the tube system.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Offline stumper

• Share Post
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 07:45:15 AM »
OK, some of mine are getting eaten away at the bottom but are not in need of replacing yet.

Offline doctorb

• Administrator
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 07:50:59 AM »
Mine too.  Anybody know the replacement costs or when CB suggests that they be replaced? 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New Eclassic 2300 manual

Started by stumper on Firewood and Wood Heating

13 Replies
Last post November 30, 2009, 09:55:57 PM
by dva
xx
Eclassic 2300 boiling over

Started by stumper on Firewood and Wood Heating

7 Replies
Last post September 21, 2011, 08:13:06 AM
by stumper