iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

installing my sawdust blower

Started by b dukes, October 28, 2011, 06:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b dukes

I am finally getting around to hooking up my sawdust blower on the Belsaw ,  I replace the bearings and now its ready to go in.  I plan on building the collector box to go around the blade in the morning. Where in the best location to put the piping at that carries the sawdust back to the blower in the collection box.  The front or back of the blade , or does it matter.  ( Looking at the blade , what I am calling the back is toward  where you load the logs. I have more room for the piping to go in on the front  side of the blade . The carriage feedworks are somewhat in the way to put it on the back. Any ideas

bandmiller2

Brady,the saw tends to throw the sawdust down and twords the rear. If the pickup is tanjent to the saw with the pipe heading twords the offbearer you will be close.A powerfull blower will grab it from most anywhere under the saw. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bandmiller2

Rereading your question, if you angled the pipe from under the middle of the saw under the mill and have your pile in back of the mill some distance from your power plant.You don't want pipes or anything on your side of the saw to trip over,especially if your cutting alone. Frank C.

bandmiller2

Brady, are you driving the blower from the arbor shaft or an electric motor.?Sawdust blower pull alot of power right off the top of a mill engine. If you have electric its the best for a blower, RPM constant. Frank C.

b dukes

The building for my saw is to far from my house to run power.  I did get the concrete pad poured for the blower to set on and the collector box built. But It will be driven off the saw arbor. The tractor that I have has 85hp at the PTO.  Building a slide for the blower to set on to tighten the belts this weekend.  I think I will run the suction tube to the back of the saw as you suggested .  Probably dig down where I wont have to worry about clearance , thinking about using 8" PVC for the tube.

Thank You Sponsors!