iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mom And Dad

Started by Autocar, November 20, 2011, 02:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Things I never thought about till they were gone, Sunday after church mom always had fried chicken with five kids and a husband there wasn't alot of chicken to go around so she always ate the back. What a scafice she gave for her family. My dad loved to fish and we would go to the river and catch channel and blue cats. About twenty minuites and I would be getting pretty antsy if they weren't biting.And he would notice and say ya got something that need worked on and before we knew it we would get on our way and I would go about my business and dad would set at the well house in his old rocker. When I came home from the service I brought my wife somethings but mom never intered my mind and to this day I still feel bad about not getting her something from the orient. Mom's been gone for 31 years and dad it's been 11 years. I wrote this for the fellows that still have there parents,take it from me you can't make it right after there gone so take a few minuites give them a call or stop for a short visit.
Bill

pineywoods

Amen autocar, Amen. Dad's been gone since 1987, lost mom 3 yr ago right in the middle of hurricane Ike. I am still amazed at how they started a family right in the middle of the great depression, built their own home and raised 4 kids as a tennant farmer and minimum wage sawmill hand.  Looking back, some things I would do different.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sawguy21

I hear you brother. I worked with my dad building a house, a few months later he was diagnosed with cancer and died the following year. Mom was healthy as a horse at 84, seemed like she would be here forever. Cancer took her in four months.
I sure miss being able to spend time with them. :(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

And the "cup" passes on down.  Now it is our turn to determine how WE will be remembered by our next generations.  For example, our 10 Grandchildren range from age 23 down to 9.  We are shaping their memories of us  every time that we are with them.

It's a sobering thought and an awesome responsibility.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tom_Averwater

Mom has been gone 15 years , and she still brings a tear to my eyes when I think of her. Dad is 91 and still going pretty good . I see him most every day . I just hope when he goes that it's quick and not lingering like it was for mom .
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Woodchuck53

For those of you that remember this was a favorite topic of Tom's. He understood about stopping by and saying hello even when you thought you would be interupting something. Always stop by and say hello. Spend as much time as you can and yes MM we have a duty to implant those good memories in our future just stopping by bunch. Take care and hug a kid today.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

CHARLIE

Autocar, those are words of wisdom.  Your post brought back memories. Granddaddy sat at the head of the table and when we had fried chicken, he would always say the back and neck was his favoriet pieces. Not until I was an adult did I realize it was just one of his sacrifices. Grandmama sat at the other end of the table close to the kitchen. She sat sideways in her chair because she was always running to the kitchen for this, that or the other to make sure we all ate well. Another small sacrifice that went un-noticed until I grew up. Granddaddy died in 1965, Grandmama in 1973 and mama in 2003. Not a day passes that I don't think of them and wish they were still here. Thank you for your post.   
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

thecfarm

But I know your Grandmama was happy sitting sideways.  ;D  Brenda,my wife is that way. She loves to cook and see people eat,even if hers is just about cold by the time she gets to sit down. Yes,everyone,go see your parents. I was always around my parents,did not really settle down until I was 40,so I could see them as much as I wanted without a family to keep me busy. I know I spent more time with my Father working with him than talking to him. But we both enjoyed out time together and than coming home to eat.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

saltydog

I was very lucky i spent alot of time with my parents.my father died in 1968 he was 27 he shot a deer and went to get it had a heart attack. my birth mom left all 5 of us with grandma and granpa.(his parents).and was not heard from for 32 years.so they were my mom and dad. and i couldnt have asked for better parents.my mom quit her job at kellogs cereal to raise us.her second bunch.my dad retired when i was 5.so we spent alot of wonderfull years together.my mom and dad were both born in 1916 so i was raised quite different from other kids my age.i never lived more than 18 miles from home seen them daily.dad passed in 1996 .mom in 2002. when i graduated high school my mom told me she had kids in school for over 40 years.she also raised a few neighbor kids.when she got sick i quit my job and my wife and i cared for her in the old family home.it was almost 6 months 24/7 it was the hardest time in my life.It was the best decision i ever made.we had to move our family in to stay and care for her so all 8 of us filled the old house back up.Not long before she passed she told me that this old house had seen enough dying and she was happy were making it live again.my father died here at home so did my uncle one year before mom.(her youngest son)sure do miss them.Im still living here raising my kids and now were raising a grandaughter.my youngest grace is seven and is so much like my mother its amazing.sure goes by quick.I sure miss them.Now i have to go dry my eyes and move a skidder .I sure was blessed.
Proud to be a self employed logger.just me my Treefarmer forwader Ford f600 truck 2186 Jonsereds 385 and 390 husky and several 372s a couple 2171s one 2156  one stihl 066  Hudson bandmill Farquhar 56"cat powered mill.and five kids one wife.

Thank You Sponsors!