iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Football

Started by beenthere, November 21, 2011, 04:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Bears are looking for a veteran QB with Cutler hurt. Maybe Favre will jump back in again?

Packers will have a real test come Turkey Day in Detroit. Last time the Pack was 10-0, they lost in Detroit.
Will it happen again?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CHARLIE

It most certainly could. Tampa Bay came close to ending the Pack's winning streak. Detroit has the team and being part of the old Black & Blue division, they have the incentive. It should be a good knock down drag out fight.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Warbird

I don't see much hope for the Bears finding a decent QB at this stage of the game.  They are pretty much done.  I'm eager for the Pack to be defeated.  A good friend of mine is a cheesehead and I'm tired of listening to him blather on about the Pack.  :)

I have Cam Newton as my main QB in the fantasy league I'm playing.  He gets lots of fantasy points but the guy would be a juggernaut if he'd just stop throwing interceptions.

beenthere

So far nothing "fantasy" about the Pack. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Riggs

I think the Packers need a loss before the playoffs to bring them down to earth, seems like they've been on autopilot for a while.

Don't give up on the Bears yet either, doesn't take a genious to hand the ball to Forte.....But what do I know, I'm a Redskins fan.. :-[
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

CHARLIE

I'm not a Packer Fan (I'm a Dolphin Fan ::) ) but since they've gotten this far, I'd like to see them go all  the way to the Super Bowl with no losses.  The last, and only team to do that was the Mighty 1972 Dolphins. They didn't need a loss to bring them back down to earth and neither do the Packers.  The Detroit vs Packers in Detroit is gonna be the game to watch.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Left Coast Chris

You never know what a backup/substitute QB will pull off. Remember Frank Reich of the Bills?   Im a 49er fan so if the pack fell back one game that would be a good thing!
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Norm

I actually think it's a good thing they got rid of cut and run Cutler. Anyone remember the injury he got last year?

I thought Farve was waiting for Rogers to get hurt.  ;D

Warbird

Quote from: Norm on November 22, 2011, 06:36:06 AM
I thought Farve was waiting for Rogers to get hurt.  ;D

LOL LOL

red oaks lumber

into the 3rd quater detroit has been playin tough, only seem to be stuipid plays that have hurt them so far.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

5quarter

Red oaks...Funny tag line. from now on swing at your thumb and you should hit the nail. ;D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: 5quarter on November 25, 2011, 09:33:11 PM
Red oaks...Funny tag line. from now on swing at your thumb and you should hit the nail. ;D

Yes, I remember hitting the thumbnail quite a few times when I swung at my thumb. Then I learned better and started swinging at the nails...  8)

Herb

Jeff

On Thursday, after what Suh did during the game, I changed to rooting for the Packers. The Lions did not deserve to win that game after that nasty exposition, I wasn't really angry until I saw his excuse interview trying to explain away his smashing of the head and stomping of the leg. I hope they suspend the guy for the rest of the season.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Yup,  The Lions still suck  ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Riggs

I agree with Jeff, I get sick and tired of these guys with so much talent waste it because of a lousy attitude.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Warbird

I agree, as well.  The guy doesn't deserve the privilege of being paid so much to play a game.

sawguy21

On another note, the CFL Grey Cup is being played here tomorrow. Available tickets start at 600 bucks. I'll watch the tube thank you very much.
The CFL is a small league, only eight teams. Five in the west and three in the east. Because of the imbalance Winnipeg plays in the eastern conference. This year the Blue Bombers made it to the big dance for the first time under this format so it is an all western championship game against the local B.C. Lions. The execs at TSN in Toronto must be chewing their lips in frustration. :D
Should be a good one. With a larger field than the NFL and only three downs the offense has to produce. No fair catch rule here, the receiver is given a five yard margin but once he has the ball he is on his own.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!