iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EZ boardwalk jr

Started by hbilly, January 03, 2012, 02:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbilly

Hi everyone, new to the forum and sawing. I was wondering if anyone had some more video of the ez boardwalk jr sawing a little bigger log. looks like a good package for the price. I was also wondering about the blade sharpener he has, how many sharpens you usually get with the timber wolf blades.

paul case

Hackberry jake should chime in on the mill question. I think he has sawn some nice sized stuff with his ezjr.
The sharpener works well. I recomend the cbn wheel. It may be a little pricey but it is well worth it. I usually get 6 to 8 sharpenings per blade. It takes some doing it to get good at it but after a bit you will be a pro. The trick is to take off as little as you can and still get the tooth sharp. I have used mine for over three years now and sharpened hundreds of blades. It does the job. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

nlrwrangler

I have a Jr. and love it.  How big of  log are you talking about.  I have cut 25-28 in white oak and works just as well as any other manual mill.  The logs are heavy and inturn are a lot of work to turn and get on the mill.  Do not expect a high rate of bd ft per hr but with the right expectations you it will please you well.  I would say that as far as manual mills it is the best value for your money.

Chase

hackberry jake

The biggest log I've sawn has been a 38" cherry log. It took pretty heavy chainsaw work to get it narrowed down to 30". Very time consuming, but very nice 2' wide boards. I haven't had any issues with mine, and I agree with Chase, best value for the money. If you go to the boardwalk webpage and go to the customers section, there is a picture of my mill cutting a rather large sycamore log. Nevermind, here it is 
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

hbilly

I appreciate the replies. Got to say this is a great forum especially for us new folks to milling. Ive been watching for a used woodmizer lt15 until I run across the boardwalk jr. Parts for it look like a quick trip to ace hardware and it looks pretty well built (i'm pretty rough sometimes). I'm looking to cut 8' to  16' and 20" to 30" diameter logs mostly 6x6 or 6x8, white oaks and hickory more than most.

locdogg

i was about all set to buy a junior but couldn't pass up a used model 40 for the same price.  i don't think you can get a better one for the money.  unless you find a deal on a used one.

paul case

Welcome to the forum locdogg.
Where are you located? Congrats on the new to you mill. What ya cutting with it? PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

locdogg

thanks I'm in SW Iowa.  just got it, pretty new to this.  have only cut a few logs so far.  some walnut, a little hackberry log.  i like woodworking and bought it to make my own wood.  also wouldn't mind making some money sawing for others too

Thank You Sponsors!