iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ECHO 660 quits

Started by Bill H, November 12, 2005, 11:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill H

I have an old ECHO 660EVL with a 20" bar that normally starts on the 1st or 2nd pull (warm) now I am cutting some 15-20 inch DBH Va. pine and after felling and limbing 2-3 trees it will backfire thru the carberator and quit usually at an idle but yesterday while boring a leaner. This popping thru the carb happens on most every pull when trying to restart, if the ignition is off no pop but turn on the switch and pop, wait 5-10 minutes and most of the time I can start and run another 10-15 minutes, any ideas on a possible cure ??? . This saw is quite old but has been a good one around the farm.
love to play in the woods
2 Husky 359's
Timberjack 230D
Cat 941
D7

Kevin

Sounds like a carb rebuild is in order, might be a metering problem within the carb.

sawguy21

That is my guess. Sounds like it is starving for fuel. Change the in tank fuel filter first though. It is a lot easier.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Bill H

Thanks, I'll change the filter and then if have the carb rebuilt.
2 Husky 359's
Timberjack 230D
Cat 941
D7

ladylake

Bill.  Could also be a bad coil or clogged tank vent.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Bill H

I finally got it fixed right 8) took it to one saw shop and they did the carb and gave the saw a good check-up, I got it home and when it gets hot -still popping just not nearly as bad  :o >:( . Take saw to another shop that we just got a Husky 359 from and they tighten the ground wire. I have been using the Husky the last couple of weeks so just now ran a tank of gas thru the Echo and no popping :). Thanks for the suggestions.        Bill
2 Husky 359's
Timberjack 230D
Cat 941
D7

Thank You Sponsors!