iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

older clarke skidder

Started by graves logging, February 07, 2012, 03:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graves logging

not sure what year it is.its a 664 with a 353 and a 2 speed auto trans.under the floor there is a spot to put some type of fluid not sure if its hyd or trans fluid .the lines run to the pump on the end of the trans .can some one tell me what to put in it please.i would say its about a 1978..no manuel

rick f

There should be 2 covers when you take the floor board out. The one in the middle of the machine is automatic trans. fluid, outside is hydro. fluid.

If you have the serial number PM Oldseabee on here and he can help with the manuels.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

graves logging

thanks rick f.what year is that skidder in your pic mine looks about the same .batterys outside the cab

rick f

664 clarke  1967-68 3-53 auto trans. gearmatic 19  16.9-30 rubber
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

oldseabee

The hydraulic tank is on the left side under the floor. Above 0 Deg. F use 10W engine oil or hydraulic oil. Real cold areas down to -30 Deg. F use Dexron (not dexronII). If you have another fill place that looks like a small can on top of a tube, take the lid off and there should be a strainer. this is where you add transmission oil. 30Deg. and above use 30W engine oil, -10 Deg. and above use 10W engine oil or C-2 hydraulic oil, -30 Deg. F and above use Dexron (not Dexron II).

rockwall

There is a great site with free manuals  http://www.alliedsystems.com/pubs/pubs.htm go there and hit Ranger on the left, there should be a drop down menu under ranger,click on what you want, then find your skidder and download parts book, owner manuals. It's great!

Thank You Sponsors!