iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello everyone !!!

Started by Greg Brown, February 14, 2012, 09:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Brown

I finally joined the forum after hanging back in the shadows for a while. Waited until I got my new Norwood mx34 up and running before posting. I have enjoyed EVERYONE'S posts and I hope yall like mine as much.    I am a self employed cabinetmaker/kitchen designer with over 30 yrs experience in cabinetmaking. However I have only about 1 hour sawmill experience. After a really SLOW year in '11 I am really busy right now--not much time to use the mill.
I look forward to getting to know yall better and talking wood.  Tried to put up a pic but I don't know if I did it right. 
Norwood MX34 Pro,  Massey- Ferguson 175

red oaks lumber

welcome to the forum greg brown
so far late 2011 and early 2012 i have seen an uptick in buisness which is a very welcome sign :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Ga Mtn Man

Welcome fellow Georgian.  8)  8)  How's your experience been with the Norwood mill?

No picture yet.  :(
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Magicman

Congratulations on the new Norwood and Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Greg Brown.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

eastberkshirecustoms

Hello, right back atcha, and welcome!

WDH

Welcome neighbor!  That looks like a great mill.  Now you can make some sawdust!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: WDH on February 14, 2012, 10:00:04 PM
Welcome neighbor!  That looks like a great mill.  Now you can make some sawdust!

Is there a pic I'm not seein'  ???
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

WDH

I went to the Norwood website and looked at it.  There is a sponsor link on the left side of the page.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawman

'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

red oaks lumber

wdh  he has that ability to see things , i think they call that espn  :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WDH

Channel 206 on DirectTV  :D.

JSR

Welcome Greg Brown. Great place to learn. Happy milling.
LT70HD62, WM edger. Love Lumber.

Greg Brown

Thanks for the warm welcomes yall !!!!!

Things do seem to have upticked lately. Last year the only thing going on in my shop was the spiders building cobwebs.

The Norwood mill performs just like it was advertised to me. Assembly was very easy cause ALL OF THE PARTS WERE THERE!!!  It took me a while to get going partly because business picked up and my mom started having heart problems and was in the hospital alot. She goes in tomorrow for open heart surgery.

No pics yet because I do not know how to use a computer :D  I'm really tech challenged.

Thanks again for the welcomes.

kramexter

Welcome Greg Brown ! 8) 8) 8)

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Greg, and congratulations on the Norwood.

I'm sure you'll get many years of use and enjoyment out of it!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

Prayers and best wishes for your Mom during her heart surgery and recovery.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dukndog

Welcome to the FF Greg and prayers for your mom.

DnD
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum Greg. Is the mill for your business?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bill Gaiche

Welcome Greg Brown. Hope you enjoy your stay and sharing your experiences. Will be pulling for your moms health. bg

Riggs

Like all the others, welcome to the Forum, great folks here. Also glad to see another Norwood guy on here.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Greg Brown

Thanks again for the welcomes and prayers.

My wife took my mother to the hospital this afternoon and will be spending the night there with her.  Mom's surgery will be in the morning. The rest of the family will be going there tomorrow.

I do plan on using the Norwood for my business.  I have 140 acres with many red oak, loblolly pine, cedar, and of course sweetgum.

I've figured out how to get pics up but dont have time right now.  That may be a good thng---if yall see how ugly I am yall may not want to see any more of my posts. :D

steve phillips

howdy greg
welcome to the form , the info and help on this site is awsome ,best ever.
if its not broke dont fix it !!!!

Cedarman

Welcome Greg!!  I can see it now. Norwood has in there ad. "Buying a Norwood will help your business pick up".
Prayers for your mom.
Happy sawing.  Remember, you will be in the pink when sawing your cedar. 8) 8)
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Thank You Sponsors!