iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vertern of the year award-2011

Started by pappy19, February 22, 2012, 02:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

Many people have forgotten about his time in the military.
-son of an Air Force General
-accomplished Golden Gloves boxer
-BS degree from Paloma College
-Rhodes Scholar-Oxford University
-Joined US Army & OCS
-graduated from Army Airborne & Rangers top of each class
-selected for Army Special Forces, declined, and went to helicopter pilot training and received wings
-became an accomplished gun ship chopper pilot & promoted to Captain
-offerred a teaching position at West Point as a Major, declined, resigned his commission to pursue music & acting

Guess who-

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=PU-A7eqadho&feature=related
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Riggs

One of my heroes and a genuine class act.
Thanks for sharing.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Den Socling

JV

Thank you for sharing.  It's great to know that there are still "a few good men" in the entertainment industry who are proud of their service and country.  I'm not ashamed to admit this was tough to watch with dry eyes.  Thanks.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

sawman

I never would have guessed either.

air_plane air_plane air_plane air_plane air_plane air_plane air_plane air_plane air_plane air_plane air_plane air_plane smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping

'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Chuck White

Great video, very touching, who said anything about dry eyes  :'( :'( :'(  !

They picked a good one for the award.

Thanks for posting.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Brucer

Are we supposed to keep it secret?

I don't even bother to try YouTube with my dialup connection, but I think I can guess. I heard an interview once about a singer-songwriter, whose family had disowned him when he gave up a promising military career. He had attended some prestigious univeristy, and he had once landed a helicopter (unannounced) on Johny Cash's lawn to deliver some tapes. There's enough connections there to make me think I know who it is.

If it's who I think, my favourite song of his is "The Pilgrim", which he performed with Jerry Lee Lewis on Last Man Standing.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Warbird

It is Kris Kristofferson and while the video does paint him as a human being with feelings, I guess I'm failing to understand why it is such a big deal that he, above many other deserving candidates, received this award?  I'm confused because I'd always thought his politics and life decisions were questionable at best?

If I'm way off base, forgive me and correct me (but for the love of God, please don't turn this thread into a political one).  I've never read up on nor followed the guy closely.

Migal

He's a very popular actor kinda like Regan was not sure what that has to do with sawing  :-\
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Thank You Sponsors!