iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heres one for you Okra farmer CHAMBERLAIN'S

Started by Meadows Miller, March 09, 2012, 09:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

4TH Generation Timbergetter

customdave

Hey Chris , those old tractors are neat! Thanks for posting, very interesting...

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Meadows Miller

Gday and no worries Dave ;):) The first tractor I rebuilt when I was in my teens was a 9G Champion like the one at the top of the page ;):):)Frank the mechanic who taught me alot about diesels and tractor maint from the time I was 12 said you want a Chamberlain ? Well I got one for you to learn on took me out the back of his place where he had about 40+ tractors in different stages of done n said heres your first one the old girl was spread out over about an acre in over a hundred odd bits n pieces  :o :) :) :) Its the only way to learn how to fix things yourself ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) I swear I did use about 12gal of paint on the old girl though  :D :D :D and its towing a caravan/trailer around Australia not to many tractors you could drive to work in that will do 30 to 35mph ;):):)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Taylortractornut

Chris there was a Chamberlain brought over by a collector that had a stick rake on the front and a large  pto winch on the back.     

Ive seen a few in old magazine reprints that had a reversed operators station and  a crane over the rearend.  Also they had a conversion that was more common on IHC tractors  it was a front mounted crane on a articulated frame out front of the tractor.     

THere was even a Grader conversion for the Chamberlains.   
My overload permit starts after sunset

Okrafarmer

Thanks, Chris! You made my day. I drove a Champion 9G near Edenhope, Vic, in 1997, pulling Bill Blore's Tage V-rake. The tractor belonged to the Edenhope Feedlot, owned by the Dubois family, if I recall correctly. It was rough, but I loved it.

The other Chamberlain I drove was the Countryman 354, owned by Bruce "Chicken" Robinson, who also lived near Edenhope. He loaned it to Bill Blore for packing silage. The only other tractor I have driven that came close to making me feel like I did on the Countryman, was the Minneapolis Moline G950 I drove up in Maine. The Countryman was a wild handfull (manual steering on a tractor of around, what, 90 hp?) but I'd sure love to have one. That Model 90 Chamberlain looks like a real water buffalo, too, never got to see one of them in action!

8)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!