iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frustrating day!!

Started by Ronnie, March 24, 2012, 11:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Magic Smoke on March 26, 2012, 01:15:26 PM
Don't forget the drive belt. This is often an overlooked item, when the belt slips your blade slows down and you get a wavy cut. The wider cuts are often when this shows up.

smiley_lit_bulb smiley_sidelightbulb smiley_idea smiley_sun

Maybe that's part of my problem. I'll have to check it.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

barbender

I always watch the blade coming over the sawn face on the gig back, it's easy to see if you are getting any waves that way. Often I can hear when the blade is cutting waves because the guide rollers start to get quiet, the blade either is not contacting them anymore or with only light pressure.
Too many irons in the fire

ladylake

Right on the sound of the blade when cutting, soon as it gets real quiet it's diving.  He was sawing the whole cant without removing the boards so  watching the blade on the way back would'nt work in this case.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ronnie

Thanks for everyone's help, it is greatly appreciated. I have a lot to learn but you guys are making it possible.

Thanks again
Ronnie
TK2000, JD5075, Stihl 660,270,170.

Okrafarmer

Today I tightened my drive belt and also tensioned my blade tighter than I've ever done before. It seemed to help. I detensioned my blade afterward-- first time I've ever done that, other than to change one out.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

WDH

Who says that you cant teach an old dog new tricks  :D.  (Note:  Just a metaphor, I am not calling you an old dog  :)).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on March 27, 2012, 10:08:29 PM
Who says that you cant teach an old dog new tricks  :D.  (Note:  Just a metaphor, I am not calling you an old dog  :)).

There you go again..... :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: WDH on March 27, 2012, 10:08:29 PM

:D I'm old enough to know better! But one thing I won't ever do is stop learning.

Magicman

But Okra is quick to learn a new trick.  He would fall for a bowl of grits any day.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Okrafarmer

No problem. And I didn't hear about them until I was 16. They're fine.

red oaks lumber

why wreck  a bowl with grits? :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

thecfarm

While I sleep, others take over.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red oaks lumber

if you dont sleep then being tricked with grits wont happen. :D :D   the saying  " grits happens" wont apply here :D :D :D ;D

WDH

Don't even close your eyes for a second  :D.  You have to stay constantly on guard smiley_sleeping.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red oaks lumber

if they sneak up on me will it scare the grit out of me smiley_nananana smiley_nananana

Okrafarmer

Not if there aren't any in you.  ::)

Thank You Sponsors!