iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My mill motor

Started by lyle niemi, March 26, 2012, 06:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

This is the motor I took out of the old combine. I had built a skid for it and got the motor running. Its almost ready to be mounted 8)

snowshoveler

Holey smokes you are fast...don't you have a regular job.
I could use a few guys with your get up and go.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

ALWOL

Glad to see you're making progress! So how does it sound? Does it start good? Some of those 329 John Deere engines start hard and produce a blue-ish smoke that really burns your eyes.
There's a big difference between staying busy and making money.

lyle niemi

Quote from: ALWOL on March 26, 2012, 06:46:44 PM
   Glad to see you're making progress! So how does it sound? Does it start good? Some of those 329 John Deere engines start hard and produce a blue-ish smoke that really burns your eyes.
The motor sounds really good. This motor has been sitting for over ten years, I changed the oil and filters, bled the fuel system and it pretty much fired up. It did make some eye burning blue smoke at first but I give it a good shot of fuel conditioner and it cleared up not to bad.
Im going to reset my mill on piles before I mount the motor, just got done marking out the pile locations and this week I will get the holes drilled.
Im supposed to have 8 truck loads of saw logs coming in the morning. Piter pater, lets get at er :D

bandmiller2

Lyle,if you can find a additive called Sea-Foam add some to the diesel and some in the crankcase, the stuff helps.If you can find treated utility poles they will last a long time in the ground.I dug pole holes well below frost poured a wheelbarrel of concrete in each, let harden.Set and leveled pole sections,dumping crushed stone around the base for drainage then more concrete and fill.Leave the poles long and strike a level line,notch out with a chainsaw for cross pieces.Leave space under the mill for sawdust removal. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!