The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: out of business, back to work!  (Read 12067 times)

Offline LOGDOG

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: ran out of business
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2012, 05:07:51 PM »
I finally got an email from the county after I worried them alot about being unfair. They told me if I only saw for myself here and did not advertise I could use the mill here on my farm. Do you think I should move the mill within 100 ft of his house, my land gets that close if I'd like to do it? :D

The best advertising is word of mouth anyway. Let 'er rip!

Offline Ironwood

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
    • http://www.branchandburl.com
Re: out of business, back to work!
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2012, 09:35:38 PM »
It is an odd thing, the Chairman of the trustees is telling me this will limit development as it it will make it more difficult to divide into small lots, which Ag currently allows, but to remove Ag zoned peoples options for land use (prescribed and acessory uses) will also drive them to sell to....developers and move away, DUH!!! This is actually going to get intersting, I went an talked to a buddy who is a local opinion leader among active farms, on the County Fair Board etc.... we will be using his machine shed for some meetings and talked to him about a booth at the County Fair to help get the word out. The BIG farms are safe, it is a smaller acreages 5-10-40-60 that are going to see there property rights ERODED. so stupid to even expend the resources to do this as a township, they gotta realize people will be livid.  ::) 

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Offline Ironwood

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
    • http://www.branchandburl.com
Re: out of business, back to work!
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »
Not to steal the thread, but didnt want to start another about zoning issues, OK Admins?

So, swung by the Muni building, and it was FUN, kept running into people I knew or have met, citizens, employees, etc...  ;D The secretary kept smiling as yet ANOTHER person was "hey, ____, how are you.?"  Kinda of funny, and helped break the ice with the one code enforcement guy I didnt know that well. I think this is going to actually put me in a BETTER light than before my nieghbor called them. Those poor folks really get to see folks at their WORST! To have someone there with there 10 year old and his buddy educating them and observing, all smiling and being REASONABLE and trying to NOT have them be the "arbitor of last resort" I think they find REFRESHING.  The fact that I IMMEADIATELY went to nieghbor and said "lets work this out" seems to get you some mileage. Then to have leaned of the new proposed zoning, and the Code folks said , "YEAH we told them it was a BAD idea, they wont listen. " I said well then dont be surprised if you see my name as an organizer of oppostion", they thought that was a GOOD idea!!! Man just too FUNNY.

Keep you posted. I keep talking to Ag Zoned folks and NOONE know of this!!!!  HAZARD, Hampton Agriculturally Zoned Against ReDistricting (made up the Hampton, ours is an "H" though)

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Back to work

Started by jim king on Forestry and Logging

6 Replies
Last post April 12, 2010, 04:47:21 PM
by Hilltop366
xx
Back to work!!!

Started by Woodhauler on Forestry and Logging

2 Replies
Last post March 30, 2016, 08:17:40 AM
by HiTech