iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nyle L200 DH Kiln?

Started by luke, December 06, 2003, 07:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Yes, I can use it. When can you bring it? ;D

:D :D Just pullin' yer leg.

Old reefer trailers make great kilns, as I understand it. I take it you got a shot at one?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SawInIt CA

I have a friend that has one in a reefer trailer....Works Great
The refrigerated shipping containers have better insulation though.

Don_Lewis

Thanks for the welcome all.....I didn't check the posts on the second page until now.  

A refer container works great. There are some larger sized ones available in Montreal. We had one delivered today and will convert it to a pallet sterilizer and send it on to Mexico.

Norm

Thanks Don, I don't want to waste time trying something that others have learned by trial and error.

Appreciate the help. :)

Den Socling

I asked Tom to move this thread over here because I thought it was being lost.

Norm

Good idea Den, thanks.

I have a question, Don mentioned in another thread to not buy a trailer and insulate it. Why not? I don't see any difference in doing that from building my own chamber from scratch. My thoughts are to buy a cheap dry van trailer and insulate it with the foil insulation. Use two layers with a vapor barrier in between the two. Seal the gaps with a good silicone. I would glue these on using the new high temp construction adhesive. For heat I want to use an exchanger kind of like what Al is using. Then use my L200 to remove water. Whatchya think?

Don_Lewis

It is very difficult to insulate the floor properly and board insulation on the wall should be put on in multiple layers because it expands and contracts. Even so, this causes cracks to open and condensation to form on the steel. The steel quickly corrodes and in a few months you have a lousy kiln. Also it costs more to try to insulate a trailer than to buy the right thing in the first place.

Thank You Sponsors!