iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hard to work with no wipers

Started by 1270d, September 17, 2012, 06:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1270d

Its like looking through a swimming pool.  Depth perception is all out of wack.

So there's four wires going to the wiper motor.  one is 24v constant one is a ground. Presumably the other two are for the intermittent settings.  It should be grounded through the frame.  Solenoid clicks every time, but the motor doesn't spin.  If I pull the motor off center, it will return to its home position, but that is all.  So I know the motor will run. But the wipers still wont work.  Of all the times for my multimeter to puke, this had to be it.  Guess ill have to get another one for tomorrow.  (Yes I tried new battery in it)

If anyone has suggestions to chase down i would appreciate it.  New motor is 700 bones btw.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

1270d

bushmechanic

1270d I have the wiring diagrams at the garage will try and have a look for you tomorrow.

1270d

I've got the schematics but i have trouble making heads or tails.  Relay k12 is good. Wires are good from plug x46 to x53. After that I lose it in the harness. Fuses are good. This is for my front window wiper motor.

snowstorm

i bought a new wiper motor for my valmet from a place in ok. cant find the name of it. they sold wiper motors and parts for power units used in the oil feilds. they had almost anything you could want. also try hamilton marines web site. ya i know its boat parts. but they stock quite a few wiper motors

barbender

My wiper mount from the blade to the motor is a tapered shaft, it was slipping there. Other than that, I am chasing a bad ground myself,my seat direction sensor quit working, I have power and ground there, but I tried 2 new switches and no dice. I ended up taking a 2 pole spare switch I had and wiring it in til I can fix it right. Then my master fuel shut off solenoid quit, ended up being the same type problem. There is power at the plug, but not enough to work the solenoid. That was a fun job, up underneath the machine, there is no way to shut off the fuel other than the solenoid so I got a.really nice fuel bath >:( Eventually I'll get caught up enough that I can chase these electrical gremlins down. BTW, we only use our wipers to clean the dust off of our windshields, I can't remember what rain looks like. It is really dry here right now.
Too many irons in the fire

furltech

It seems to me that the last time this happened to me with  the wiper motor we had to cut the wire that makes the motor return to home position and just manually stop it where we wanted with the switch .also as was mentioned sometimes it will slip in the tapered shaft and you have to take it off and clean out the grooves so it will get another purchase .

1270d

I have had the blades slip on tthe shaft a few times, although in this instance the motor isn't working at all.   Ill look into clipping that wire right away.   Hopefully get it sorted out soon.

barbender

1270d

Looks a touch dusty. Nice big landing.    Got my problem sorted out.  The circuit had two relays, I only knew of one.  Guess what the problem was?   Thanks for the input folks.

snowstorm

Quote from: barbender on September 18, 2012, 05:55:34 PM
Our current problem...

what do you use for a harvester? ponnse?? what head? some of the wood looks to be good sized handle it ok?

barbender

Ponsse Ergo with an H73 head, they handle bigger wood (that's over 16" for us ::)) decent, most of the bigger we get into is big popple, it gets pretty knobby and conky at that size. These heads feed the wood fine, you just have to "float" the knives so they don't stick at the base of a knot. I haven't spent a lot of time in a harvester, I'm still pretty new in the forwarder as far as that goes. 1270d, that landing is an old hayfield. We've been working all summer on blowdown, all small private sales around 300 cords apiece, they all had tight landings so this one was nice. Glad you got your problem fixed ;)

thecfarm

If you was in one of my old hay fields there would be rocks sticking up. All my fields have rocks sticking up now in them now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

There are no rocks to stick up here, it's fine sand down about 10' and then you bit clay with an occasional rock in it.

1270d

Today its the vgt actuator keeping me from running. Nortrax needs to do this one with the laptop.  Oh well I got to saw for a whole day.  Can't remember the last time i sawed all day long. Good time, nice and cool with a little rain.

snowstorm

my day wasnt any better. put the new encoder in worked great for 20min. now it dosent show the lenght. for $700 it should last a bit longer than that

1270d

Did you end up finding an aftermarked encoder or getting one from hakmet or quadco?   Maybe your old one wasn't bad?  Maybe a bad connection that got jostled when you installed the new one?   Do you have a measuring wheel or drive track measure?

snowstorm

Quote from: 1270d on September 19, 2012, 08:22:55 PM
Did you end up finding an aftermarked encoder or getting one from hakmet or quadco?   Maybe your old one wasn't bad?  Maybe a bad connection that got jostled when you installed the new one?   Do you have a measuring wheel or drive track measure?
i got it from quadco. they sent the wrong one this first time. its a emeta encoder made in sweden. if you have never seen one apart. it has a plastic disc glued to the shaft. the old one was adrift. it drives off the tracks. the dia is acting up also. when first turned on its fine after a while the dia wont change till you push the feed button. i called the keto pro at quadco said he would think on it

1270d

I see.  My length encoder uses a set screw to hold the shaft directly to the wheel.  There is a shock isolator in between.  Haven't come across one like yours.  Nice when the service folks say "uhh I've never heard of that problem, ill think about it and get back to you"

barbender

Ken

snowstorm,

We had the exact same issue with our measuring system a few weeks back.  Changed the encoder a couple of times ( i was lucky enough to have spares) before finding out that there was a tiny break in the cable running from the HHM to the encoder.  Changed a $14 cable and all is good for now.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

snowstorm

the encoder came with a new cable. and the way its made you would have to take the encoder apart to change the cable. it plugs in on the inside of the cover

snowstorm

i found the problem. i took the new encoder out and the shaft was about a 1\16" to long. it hit the drive motor for the tracks. in doing so it pushed the shaft on the encoder up a bit. making it turn hard not good. so i ground a little off pulled the shaft out where it belonged. put it back in. it dosent work must have broke something inside. so i call the keto pro and says that yes it is the right part number and was unaware of the shafts being to long. so he is sending a replacement. coming out of of quebec i dont expect to have it till midweek.

snowstorm

the new encoder came whith the shaft shortened at no charge. put it in and everything works as it should.

1270d

Thank You Sponsors!