iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help,dead halt

Started by woodyone.john, October 16, 2012, 11:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodyone.john

sawing away,dropped for the next board,every thing but the motor dies.hydraulics dont work up down-no forwards backwards no. turn off motor, check the main fuses,not blown.turn on motor starts at full throttle.a knot had sat on the battery box got jammed in when dropping for last cut.mills a wmlt40super petrol .any one got any clues?
Saw millers are just carpenters with bigger bits of wood

Magic Smoke

Check the accessory solenoid in the control box, you should have voltage on both big posts when the key is on.

JustinW_NZ

Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

woodyone.john

Check the accessory solenoid in the control box, you should have voltage on both big posts when the key is on.yes when key is on and about 1.4 volts when the key is off.this is on the left hand side solenoid as veiwed from the operator position.the rh side has 12 on the top pole only whether on or off . thanks for the prompt reponse.

drobertson

sounds like a breaker, check the four on the front side of the control box, if good check the cb breakers inside the remote box behind the key switch, 8 screws fasten this panel, or call wmz,  sorry,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

JustinW_NZ

With something jamming on the battery box im trying to think what that could have done, and all I come up with is maybe a pinched lead going through there?
But that should be easy to spot with a visual inspection?
The battery didnt get a big amount of pressue as cause internal damage?

cheers
Justin
Gear I run;

JustinW_NZ

Forgot to add as drobertson said, those breakers can do this, ive had that before :(

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;

Magic Smoke

Like drobertson mentioned, check the breakers inside the control box underneath the keyswitch. CB3 (the second breaker from the left) feeds 12V to both drum switches and the hydraulic solenoid.

jcbrotz

Correct me if I a wrong But it sounds like you started the motor post crushing. This should all but rule out the battery but that leaves lots of little electrical things. First remove your breakers cover and check voltage pre and post reset, also look for signs of smoke or burn componets. It is hard to tell what may be bad IF the positive terminal cam incontact with the cover and you had a bad ground close to the battery and a good or better on in the control panel. Check the breakers and check for voltage in the control box. Do you have accuset?
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

woodyone.john

bar keep beers for all the men who said circut breakers.in behind the front panel.thanks guys, the ff wins again

drobertson

spectacular!  glad to hear,  have a great week end,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!