iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Experiences with Granberg Break-N-Mend

Started by oldsaw-addict, March 20, 2004, 04:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsaw-addict

I am wondering, have any of you ever had or used a granberg break n mend model G605C? I just bought one and I like it for carrying around on the job, very handy. The only complaint I can think of is that I have a hard time breaking the regular 3/8 chains, the .370 LP chains are EASY but the regular profile chain is harder to break for me.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Kevin

I don't have that tool but it looks a little light duty.
The one I have works like an arbor press.

oldsaw-addict

What exactly do you mean by "light" duty? the tool is made on a vise grip design, has a universal chain breaker, will spin rivets on up to 1/2" pitch chain, and has a replaceable spinner anvil. could you elaborate on the light duty statement for me?
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Kevin

I don't think you have the leverage you need to break chain but keep in mind I haven't tried that unit.
The handle on the press I have is 12" long so it takes less effort to break a chain.

lamar

Try progessive ( 1to 3 trys} turn screw a few times each time.I have done a lot stll on the same pin. Spreading the side link out and geting the chain apart is where I need help.Also,I find that hanging the chain above the vise keeps it from binding.

Thank You Sponsors!