iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2001 Deere 648GIII

Started by logdog664, January 22, 2022, 08:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logdog664

I have gear oil pushing out the front axle when the machine is running.  Previous owner told me he thought it was the rear main seal. I think not. Anybody had this experience? I'm thinking something is pressurizing the axle, possibly the hydraulic locker system. My question is how do you fix it? probably not something I can do myself, located in central Massachusetts. Nortrax and Schmidtt combined into United, anybody think they are good enough to fix it without charging me a million $$$? Anybody done one themselves? I'd consider it if I knew the system better. please advise thank you! 
Clark 664B, ASV RS-75 /w Brushmonster Mower, Martatch Grapple, Halverson Firewood Processor, Morbark 290, Jonsered 2050,625,630,670,2166, Stihl 660

BargeMonkey

You buy that high hour yellow one out of Maine that had the same axle issues advertised ? 

Firewoodjoe

Pull the plug in the rear axle and see if it has oil in it. From what I remember you fill those from the front and it pumps it to the back. Maybe something is plugged 🤷‍♂️

logdog664

Funny enough I talked to that guy and someone else wound up buying it. However he was the one that warned me about the issue with the front axle having pressure build in it. 
Clark 664B, ASV RS-75 /w Brushmonster Mower, Martatch Grapple, Halverson Firewood Processor, Morbark 290, Jonsered 2050,625,630,670,2166, Stihl 660

mike_belben

pull the locker hose and cap it, see what happens. 
Praise The Lord

kiko

Or the brake hose.  And it should NOT be gear oil . Should be tractor hydraulic J20C.

Thank You Sponsors!