iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mystery Knuckle Boom

Started by gwilson, January 26, 2013, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwilson

Hello,a friend of mine has this old loader on his farm and doesn't really know anything about it. I found a serial number plate in the cab but cannot remember the name. Something customs from MN, if i can get back by there today I will get a picture of the serial number. Hopefully the picture will be attached so that y'all can hopefully recognize it. 
https://forestryforum.com/gallery/index.php?cat=29065

thecfarm

I can help you out with the picture part.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

gwilson

Thanks, thecfarm, I couldn't figure out how to do it. :D

1270d

beenthere

gwilson
You just had to scroll down below your pic in your gallery, and there will be two methods to post your pic.
And the preview button will let you know when it is correct.
And you can go back to a post and click on the "modify" button to make any changes necessary. ;)

Quite a piece of ol iron.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Woodhauler

2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

lumberjack48

The boom setup looks like a Prentice loader
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

shinnlinger

Does he own it?  Does it run?  Does he want to sell it?
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

hu5qvarna395xp

Jd an franklin skidders,husqvarna saws,prentice loaders an mack trucks that's how we roll!!!

trev

treefarmer87

it looks like a husky brute model 140 or 185. should have a 353 detriot for power
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

gwilson

I know its been a while since I've responded to this but i was going to answer a couple questions. Yes he does own it but doesn't want to sell the old loader. Thought about getting it running but figured that would cost a small fortune in Hydraulic hoses....Its been sitting a while.

Thank You Sponsors!