iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NC Farm Show

Started by xlogger, January 29, 2013, 07:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

The farm show in Raleigh is starting tomorrow Wed 1/30 threw Friday 2/1. Woodmizer and Hudson will be there. Sorry no Tk, Baker or Cooks. They don't do many shows if any. I'm going over Friday, just wondering if anyone here is going? Ricky
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

scsmith42

I wish that I could, but I'm going to be dismantling a steam locomotive....

Enjoy the show!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

thecfarm

scsmith,Now don't be a teasing. What is going on??? Is this for you?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

scsmith42

Quote from: thecfarm on January 30, 2013, 08:32:23 AM
scsmith,Now don't be a teasing. What is going on??? Is this for you?

<grin>  Unfortunately, no.... 

I'm a member of a non-profit railroad museum and we will be dismantling the Cliffside 110 steam locomotive for her "return" to North Carolina.  She will be transported to the museum for restoration and ultimate return to service.

She's a 2-6-2 built by Vulcan in 1927.  Here is what is currently looks like:

We can't get the cranes in to where she presently sits, so we're going to be building a few track panels to move her to a point with better loading access.  Then we'll start dismantling her for loading and the trip to her new home.

This is what she looked like "back in the day"....

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

thecfarm

Old stuff,big old stuff.  ;D  I suppose that will take more than a day to take apart and label it and get it ready to be shipped.  :D Have fun. Anyway to kinda start another thread and give us a few action shots? Or a lot of shots?  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

That sounds like a fun project Scott.

Thank You Sponsors!