iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

power saw sign

Started by loggah, February 08, 2013, 08:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Well i really couldn't put this in the chainsaw section,old enamel sign i had hanging around, any of you southern guys have one of these saws?? Don

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Never seen one of these....but I'll bet, if they only made ten of these, you have them all.  :D :D :D

Good sign Don.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Al_Smith

Well I don't have one of those but I do have an e-coated 30" buzz saw blade with me painted on it on a John Deere A .If I can find a pic I'll put it on .

loggah

I figured that saw was intended to be used in southern pine plantations,i know it wouldn't work well up here in the white mountains, i have no idea why that sign landed up here,i cant even remember where i bought it???
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: loggah on February 08, 2013, 08:54:17 PM
I figured that saw was intended to be used in southern pine plantations,i know it wouldn't work well up here in the white mountains, i have no idea why that sign landed up here,i cant even remember where i bought it???

Want to sell it?  say_what  :)

Morewood

They are still in business here in Brunswick Ga .
2008 Cooks AC3651 perkins diesel , JD 310C w/forks and thumb , International 8000 Dump truck , 16 ton trailer , and all the accessories .

WDH

David, now you can buy a new one!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hackberry jake

That's what I never understood about memorabilia, if they only made a few it ain't worth much. If they made 100-1000 it's worth a fortune. If they made more than that it ain't worth much... I guess there's a happy medium.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

muddstopper

Never seen on of those blades, but i have worked thru Brunswick Ga, and Jesup, and Hazelwood, and Baxley. All tree farming country down that way. Saw a dog down there once that was trained to sniff out pine stumps. After the logging is done, they pile the brush and dig the stumps out to make dynamite. The soil is so sandy that a lot of the stumps get lost/covered up while they are piling the brush. That little dog would run around like a beagal on a rabbit track then stop and start digging. Handler would mark the stump with a flag and they would move on to the next one.

loggah

Pretty interesting there still in business!!! i imagine they are not still making that model ;D ;D David i don't think i want to sell it right now, maybe trade something! :laugh: :laugh:

thecfarm

muddstopper,a dog trained to find pine stumps. That is funny. About what year was that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

It seems all the male dogs in this area are more prone to stiff out the tires on my truck and mark them in their own special way .

Magicman

I have to watch them carefully and shoo them away from my sawmill engine cover and sawblade box.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

What starts that is one slack owner.  >:(  When we first got our dog I walked and carried him to the edge of the driveway as a pup to get him away from the house. He did fine for a long time. Than my FIL brings his dumb dog up and when he leaves the dumb dogs picks a leg up just as they walk out the door.  ::) I hollered to him and the dog. Too late,my dog comes along and smells it and picks up his leg.  ::) When we are out and my dog is on a leash I walk him by tires and he'll try to smell them and I'll say,Don't you dare and he'll stop smelling and keeps moving towards the grass. Good boy.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

muddstopper

Quote from: thecfarm on February 09, 2013, 08:33:40 AM
muddstopper,a dog trained to find pine stumps. That is funny. About what year was that.

Its probably been 15 years or so ago, but its my understanding that they still use dogs to find stumps.

WDH

The Hercules Corp. used to buy lots of old growth longleaf and slash stumps.  You would see railcar loads of stumps.  They got out the resin and turpentine, and made a whole host of products.  I think that synthetics took much of their business away. 

Morewood

"Saw a dog down there once that was trained to sniff out pine stumps. After the logging is done, they pile the brush and dig the stumps out to make dynamite."
The Dog story is true , That was when the "Company" had there own woods camps , now it is all done by contractors . I haven't heard of using a dog in a long time.
The belief that they made dynamite with old groth pine stumps is not true. The original name of the company was "Hercules Powder Company" , yes the company made powder but at other locations . The old Hercules plant that is still in operation in Brunswick Ga still uses old growth pine stumps as a raw material to produce a wide assortment of products . It is now called " Pinova" , do a search on internet .
Kut-Kwick make big industrial mowers in Brunswick,Ga
2008 Cooks AC3651 perkins diesel , JD 310C w/forks and thumb , International 8000 Dump truck , 16 ton trailer , and all the accessories .

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Weekend_Sawyer

I love the windy, random way our topics travel.
It's truly a joy to follow the contours of their paths,
sometimes coming back to the original topic,
often making people happy or sad,
often going to food,
and very often going to grits good/grits bad discussion.

;D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on February 11, 2013, 04:14:33 PM

I love the windy, random way our topics travel.
It's truly a joy to follow the contours of their paths,
sometimes coming back to the original topic,
often making people happy or sad,
often going to food,
and very often going to grits good/grits bad discussion.

;D

But it's a known fact, your thread will never change to FISH.  :D :D :D

loggah

I was waiting for one of those stump sniffing dogs ,to go over to a brush pile and point out ,a rusty,beat up Kut-Kwick saw where the previous owner had left it , because it never worked very well !!!!  ;D ;D Don

drobertson

Whats' even wierder than a windy thread is someone like me that reads posts backwards, just trying to find out where they went astray, ;D  still love the laughs, hard to beat
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on February 11, 2013, 04:14:33 PM

and very often going to grits good

;D

I have no idea what you meant by this line.     say_what

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!